VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, question is. if i get the scirocco wiring harness/ecu i was told that the harness would plug right into the fuse box and there would only be a few items that would need to be retro-fitted(ie. headlights/wipers/ect). Is this true? Is it really that simple?
thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: 1.8 16v into my cabby. (vwcabby)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok, question is. if i get the scirocco wiring harness/ecu i was told that the harness would plug right into the fuse box and there would only be a few items that would need to be retro-fitted(ie. headlights/wipers/ect). Is this true? Is it really that simple?
thanks[HR][/HR]​
I think it's possible. I know people easily switch from cis-e to digifant II, so I think it can go the other way. That said... I've seen people leave Digifant in their cabby and use that with the 16v.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1.8 16v into my cabby. (blackA2gti)

its not a digi cabby. cis. 1988. forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Re: 1.8 16v into my cabby. (vwcabby)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok, question is. if i get the scirocco wiring harness/ecu i was told that the harness would plug right into the fuse box and there would only be a few items that would need to be retro-fitted(ie. headlights/wipers/ect). Is this true? Is it really that simple?
thanks[HR][/HR]​
Yes, it plugs into position "D" in the fuse box. Headlights are separate but wiper motor plug is part of engine harness and will need modding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts