VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go...
87' Jetta GL w/ a 1.8 8v Sohc CIS-E Motor w/ 178,000 miles....
to make it short is this worth the time and effort and of course mainly the money? $? $? $? $? ..... or should i just swap in a g60/2.0 16v?
strip the block down and rebuild w/ new crank and 2.0 pistons
(autotech engine package)
Exchange my head for a rons parts 3 angle valve job, port and polished head
and lastly getting a cheap turbo kit from 8vturbo.com ...
ofcourse i'm going to get a cam, igition, exhaust and the rest of the little things but those are the main things... i'm hoping with the turbo i could get around 200 - 250hp ?
...am i crazy?
...who knows
...hopefully u do, respond!

·
Banned
2,754 Posts
Re: 1.8 8v CIS-E Build up & Turbo! Worth it? (8v-Jedi)

I'd say do it ,since not many people go this route .There is someone on the board with a black turbo'd 8v jetta its hot http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

yeh exactly, not many ppl do it at all.... so i wondering, if it is worth it, and why havent alot of ppl done this? ....maybe s0me0ne can shed s0me light... i hope everything would be co0L i wanna rilly d0 it

·
Registered
872 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]strip the block down and rebuild w/ new crank and 2.0 pistons
(autotech engine package)[HR][/HR]​
no, get a 2.0 block from a newer vw or an older audi and spend about $250-450 instead of paying autotech $1595 and then still having to put it together
quote:[HR][/HR]Exchange my head for a rons parts 3 angle valve job, port and polished head[HR][/HR]​
sounds good. although if you want to go turbo, you would be better off without sticking with cis-e. the motronic engine management that comes with all the 93+ 2.0l vw engines would do nicely. you'll need the crossflow head to run motronic.
quote:[HR][/HR]and lastly getting a cheap turbo kit from 8vturbo.com ...[HR][/HR]​
sounds good.
quote:[HR][/HR]ofcourse i'm going to get a cam, igition, exhaust and the rest of the little things but those are the main things... i'm hoping with the turbo i could get around 200 - 250hp ?
...am i crazy?
...who knows
...hopefully u do, respond!
[HR][/HR]​
vw stock ignitions are great. just stick with the stock stuff there. for the cam and exhaust, i would talk to techtonics (www.tttuning.com) and see what they recommend. the majority of us here have tt exhausts. i'm very happy with my 2.25" cat back of theirs. i wouldn't say that you're crazy. i'd say that you could probably make well over 200 hp, but you would need to do some other things, like possibly lower the compression to a more boost friendly level (down from the 10.0:1 that the 2.0l blocks have) and a stronger transmission (like any of the 02a's) if you wanted a lot more power than that. pretty much, the only thing that will hold you back is money.
quote:[HR][/HR]yeh exactly, not many ppl do it at all.... so i wondering, if it is worth it, and why havent alot of ppl done this? ....maybe s0me0ne can shed s0me light... i hope everything would be co0L i wanna rilly d0 it[HR][/HR]​
just don't talk like that ever again, and we'll help you out with whatever you need!

ask questions on the specific stuff you want to know more about
tom

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Re: 1.8 8v CIS-E Build up & Turbo! Worth it? (acafounder)

quote:[HR][/HR]just don't talk like that ever again[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,754 Posts
Re: 1.8 8v CIS-E Build up & Turbo! Worth it? (2035cc16v)

talk whichever way ya like jus as long as u get your point across http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

wow that waz the LAST thing i expected, i was sure to see more put downs vortex forumz are known for them
..but hey thankz for the backup

·
Banned
4,337 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]wow that waz the LAST thing i expected, i was sure to see more put downs vortex forumz are known for them
..but hey thankz for the backup
[HR][/HR]​

known for kickin' ur ass

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Suuuuuuuuuuuureeee...
this is my point, everyone has sumthin 2 say when it doesnt concern the topic at hand, wtf is w/ vortex memebers? thank g0d 4 jweltyz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts