VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this in the mk2 vw section aswell... didnt kno we had this forum here
so here it goes....
87' Jetta GL w/ a 1.8 8v Sohc CIS-E Motor w/ 178,000 miles....
to make it short is this worth the time and effort and of course mainly the money? $? $? $? $? ..... or should i just swap in a g60/2.0 16v?
strip the block down and rebuild w/ new crank and 2.0 pistons
(autotech engine package)
Exchange my head for a rons parts 3 angle valve job, port and polished head
and lastly getting a cheap turbo kit from 8vturbo.com ...
ofcourse i'm going to get a cam, igition, exhaust and the rest of the little things but those are the main things... i'm hoping with the turbo i could get around 200 - 250hp ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: 1.8 8v CIS-E Build up & Turbo! Worth it? (8v-Jedi)

I'll reply. I think it is a good idea if you know what you are getting into. The build up will be expensive and dollar for dollar will probably not be the most cost effective way of building HP. If that is what you want. In the end you will have a unique and personal car, that many people will just shake there head at. An engine swap would probably get you more HP. All that being said, I am doing a similar thing. I have three Volks, 98 TDI, 2000 GLS 1.8T, and a 86 GTI with 36K on the clock. I just picked up a used T3, intake, exhaust, etc. I am looking to build the motor up cheaply, and just have fun. When I want to go really fast I just take out one of our motorcycles. Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts