VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1693335

look at the difference the dyno dynamics made. much much lower than than the dynojet or dynapack. the dyno dynamics is the same dyno gt300318 used. look how much lower it is then a dynojet or anythign esle. and, if you want, take a look a Vishnutuning.com. they explain it there. i believe they know a little more than you ever will. if you can read, you might be able to see where they are gettin the numbers from.
so, that just shows that the 215 is highly possible. but def. not 182.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 1.8 steve. this is for you (grideturbo)

says right on page 3, Vishnu's Dyno Dynamics work smoothly and very consistent, however, read 40 to 50 horse less than the dyno jet. so, now what you got to say?
im listenin

· Registered
7,612 Posts

You might want to read it a little more closely. The Dyno Dynamics setup can also be calibrated to give 'DynoJet' numbers as they like to keep their customers happy. This article only really shows that comparing power made on different dynos means absolutely nothing. Dynos are really only good for tuning and measuring your own personals gains through mods.

· Registered
3,178 Posts
Re: 1.8 steve. this is for you (SnowGTI2003)

Quote, originally posted by SnowGTI2003 »
You might want to read it a little more closely. The Dyno Dynamics setup can also be calibrated to give 'DynoJet' numbers as they like to keep their customers happy. This article only really shows that comparing power made on different dynos means absolutely nothing. Dynos are really only good for tuning and measuring your own personals gains through mods.

That makes no sense at all. Altho you did state that the dyon can be calibrated to MEET the same numbers to make customers happy.
Hmmmm les think about that for a min. So you mean to tell me say if two people walk into two shops...
Shop A customer 1......Dyno had been calibarated and the customers pulls 215whp
Shop B customer 2.....Same dyno but not calibrated same mods pulls 185whp and is told the he needs to multiply by 1.17 to make up for the factor.

They get online and show the dyno sheets but everyone is flaming him bacause his isnt correct when in fact all it is, the machine isnt calibrated.
come on now....................................Comparing the power between the dynos mean nothing? are oyu serious?

· Registered
2,860 Posts

Dyno's are like supermodels, some like you, some don't, and most of them will just tell you what you want to hear so you'll go away.
They're TUNING tools, that's it.

· Registered
7,612 Posts
Re: 1.8 steve. this is for you (KGilman)

Quote, originally posted by KGilman »
Dyno's are like supermodels, some like you, some don't, and most of them will just tell you what you want to hear so you'll go away.

Thank you

· Registered
4,473 Posts
Re: 1.8 steve. this is for you (KGilman)

Quote, originally posted by KGilman »

I agree with one thing.... the dyno being mainly a tuning tools

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 1.8 steve. this is for you (turbojeta3)

Quote, originally posted by turbojeta3 »

That makes no sense at all. Altho you did state that the dyon can be calibrated to MEET the same numbers to make customers happy.
Hmmmm les think about that for a min. So you mean to tell me say if two people walk into two shops...
Shop A customer 1......Dyno had been calibarated and the customers pulls 215whp
Shop B customer 2.....Same dyno but not calibrated same mods pulls 185whp and is told the he needs to multiply by 1.17 to make up for the factor.

They get online and show the dyno sheets but everyone is flaming him bacause his isnt correct when in fact all it is, the machine isnt calibrated.
come on now....................................Comparing the power between the dynos mean nothing? are oyu serious?

someone actually makes since. but whatever. screw it, its done.

· Banned
21 Posts

Quote, originally posted by grideturbo »

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1693335

look at the difference the dyno dynamics made. much much lower than than the dynojet or dynapack. the dyno dynamics is the same dyno gt300318 used. look how much lower it is then a dynojet or anythign esle. and, if you want, take a look a Vishnutuning.com. they explain it there. i believe they know a little more than you ever will. if you can read, you might be able to see where they are gettin the numbers from.
so, that just shows that the 215 is highly possible. but def. not 182.

lol what a tool bag

· Registered
9,997 Posts

Quote, originally posted by grideturbo »
if you want, take a look a Vishnutuning.com. they explain it there. i believe they know a little more than you ever will.

FYI, Shiv is a very contriversial person in the tuning world... i.e. many do not trust/believe/listen to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.