VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Dude that motor is going to be a monster. Nice score. Is it coming with any engine management? Are you going to stick with Motoza to tune this one?
There was the option to get Haltech to go standalone but I spent more than I wanted to and can always go that route later so will have Motoza now.

Before something failed the car was INSANELY fast. Left an Evo X like it was parked from a 2nd gear roll, ran away from a new M2 Comp, and ran out of road before I could shift (in Mexico of course)

I'll post pics of the progress

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Got some preliminary updates from 034 on the damage to the previous motor.

Going to get the injectors tested to confirm one didn't fail but looks like something bounced around cyl #1.

Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
Plug was intact? Could just be FOD
Plug was all messed up as shown in photo.. I sent out my ID1050x injectors to get tested and seems that there was some issues with the set;

"Attached to this email are the flow test results for the ID1050XDS' that were sent in to be cleaned and inspected. As you will see, they are still a relatively tight and linear matched set, with average deviation across the entire operating range coming in at only 0.93%.

As you can see there was quite a bit of deviation before cleaning. This was caused by debris being allowed to enter into the injectors and restricting flow. Although this is a tightly matched set after cleaning, to insure that they stay this way, we suggest that the filter between the fuel pump and the fuel rail is a 6 micron at best, 10 micron at worst. We recommend our new ID F750 fuel filter"

Looking at either a fuel filter from:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
2021.10.26 update:

• new motor is in
  • IE street cams installed
  • recoated IM + charge pipe for "incognito mode"
  • MadMax Wilwood BBK installed
  • MadMax rear BBK to be finished up on Thursday (10/28) as the calipers I had are for a 180HP car and his BBK is meant for the 225HP/VR rear calipers which are slightly bigger

Car sounds mean. Very mean. And all you hear is turbo.

Will send pics if all goes well and I pick up by end of week.

Some buddy's and I are thinking about getting a C6 Corvette for a project car so we'll see if that happens. I'd love a TTRS with a BT to ruin everything around. Deep pockets are needed for that. We'll see what happens soon enough.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Staying with Motoza? Is 034 going to do any tuning or just remote tune?
Yes sir - for now until I can go standalone which might happen in 2022. 034 is just doing the labor for everything. Should get it back this week once compression and everything is triple checked

141 - 147 of 147 Posts