VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting conflicting information on this topic.

I have a 2009 2.5S JSW that I bought with a very blown up 0A4 5 speed. I'm gearing up to do a 02Q swap and am absolutley horrified at the cost of a SMF FSI clutch setup. A few people have mentioned to me that I can use a SMF conversion (like Valeo PN 52405615) for a 6 speed 1.8t car. This seems to make sense, however I haven't found anybody who's done it.

I have no plans of forced induction on this car for the foreseeable future, so stock power holding should be more than enough.

Anybody have any input here?

The JSW in question:

·
Registered
349 Posts
You should be aware of gearbox noises with an SMF. I had a audi S1 DMF/clutch/pr. plate with the 02Q gearbox, in my car some time ago. Worked very well. It's for sale if you are interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I talked to the guys at Four Season Tuning and essentially was told that the 02M clutch is too tall for an 02Q bell housing.

They sell two flywheels with FSI/1.8t bolt patterns. One enables the use of a stock VR6 02M clutch with an FSI/07K and 02Q. The other enables the use of a stock FSI clutch with a stock FSI clutch disk/pressure plate.

02M clutch flywheel: FST 240mm L/W STEEL BILLET Flywheel 6-Speed MK5 (FITS VW MK5 Golf Jetta 05-08.5 2.0T FSI BPY W/ 6SP

02Q clutch flywheel: FST 240mm L/W STEEL BILLET Flywheel 6-Speed MK5 (FITS VW MK5 Golf Jetta 05-08.5 2.0T FSI BPY W/ 6S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.