VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
Links don't work if you're not a member.

Use datazap.

Any data from the car.. mileage, mods, etc etc

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot. this datazap seem to be very nice place. Heres link datazap.me | paspartuu there is two logs. One where is some issues and the car run pretty bad and another one with cleaned maf and better plug gaps.

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
You've def got a boost issue, and the boost mapping looks funky. There is a mechanical/component issue happening as well. You're not trimming fuel, which means you either have a bad N80 or [email protected], or something isn't resistored.

Start with checking your WG and N75, the lines and such.

What are you using for software/management?

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You've def got a boost issue, and the boost mapping looks funky. There is a mechanical/component issue happening as well. You're not trimming fuel, which means you either have a bad N80 or [email protected], or something isn't resistored.

What are you using for software?
I just bought the car and started to take care off issues. Its local finnish mapper and i asked him about this map but he didnt remember anything about it anymore. Previous owners both said that its pretty bad and some what lame map.
Can you say what it could be when i floor it hsrd theres some boost related noise coming..its like dog toy skweeking kind of sound and boost is bouncing somewhere between 1.5-1.7bar.
I will do another boost leak test tomorrow to be sure theres no new leaks.
Do you think these issues could be mapping related? And i thought maybe n75 can make that little bouncing boost..and for that sound i read somewhere that dv could make sounds like this also..what do you think?

thanks for answering!!!

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing came to my mind..i took of that gas vapor tank and didt olug anything at all❓No connectors or vapor line plugged right now..could this have anything to do what you meant?

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
The n80 needs to be plugged in or resistored in order to have fuel trims.

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much for this info! I have also n249 and n112 removed and not resistored..will these affect?

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
what you see in the log - it's not trying to dial in AFR, it isn't able to follow target lambda, and you cant tune it because you're not getting accurate data and changes can't be applied if you do see data.

the 249 and 112 will be alright if they are written out in the tune, but it doesn't hurt to resistor them if you aren't maestro or ignitron stand alone,etc. They don't have an impact on fueling,etc typically at all.

If you ever decide to go maestro or ignitron, lemme know. I tune them.

Remember, small mechanical issues will prevent tuning from being impactful.

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. I plugged n80 back. Is it possible that my ecu has different kind of tune where this ltft os turned of and tune is made by external wideband meter? It feels like i still dont have long term trim adapting. I changed another n75 also and will test it tonight. Car works pretty noce right now.
what do you think could be that squeeking noise when boost is pretty high? I made another boost leak test and everything was fine.

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
Left will take mileage to kick in, turning it off would make it a narrow band setup but that would be taking a step back. You'd also have to have added a wideband into the ecu to convert, but you're very is a WB setup. An external controller for afr would be an add on in sugar and hardware and a very very round about way.

Log from start to drive to idle agreed the drive. Do 20-30 miles, get some regular driving in, some 3rd gear 2000rpm to limiter pulls and some running through the gears pulls.

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so you wont see straight away changes in long term fuel trims? APY is narrowband but i will get wideband gauge as soos as possible so i can see whats happening for real.
I noticed yeaster day that my spark plugs are clean but white..that white stuff is like you can easily wipe it off..
Normally always been that white is lean but also that it can bee too hot spark plug..one thing that i have not already taken care of is fuel filter i will change that in this weekend.

·
Registered
23,109 Posts
If it's narrow band you won't see terms. You'll have to do a conversion.

Still need to figure out boost.

·
Registered
S3 1.8t APY
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so no trims then. I might figured out that boost issue. Need to do better test tomorrrow. I changed another n75 and feels and acts different. I have three n75 valves, used ones from my old car. One almost works and thats the one what was installed in the logs. Another one was really bad. Made big cut when boost got like 1.5bar. Now i have installed last one of those and feels alot smoother and boost is stable.
So now i need to get as soon as possible that wideband meter to see whats really happens.

What do you think about my white plugs?Its like powder kind of a thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts