VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: FV-QR (speeding-g60)

Ah, my confusion, sorry. Looks like you'll have to get the newer 01A/01E type and do some custom differential installation work. I have to imagine someone, somewhere has either already achieved this or failed miserably and will be able to tell you why.

·
Banned
7,402 Posts
FV-QR

i cant really pop too many pictures here, as mine is pretty much a one-off setup. but here is a couple of my Coupe/20v swapping adventure. its all custom, i like building stuff.....
i am doing all custom mounts and everything including an 01E trans setup. so i wont be of much help there for anyone....

·
Banned
7,402 Posts
FV-QR

and its too bad that this little post here is all thats gonna see it. MAYBE the drag forum when i get some slips
and it wont be ME who puts it up in the id=27 1.8T whine-room, either....

BUT: to those looking at this that doesnt know WTF is up with MY car, you do not by any means have to take these steps to do this swap. its actually pretty painless compared to my stuff. i am just doing it to a way different level, you see.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: (turbo kid)

Does anyone know how to get parts ordered from a European dealer. I am putting an AEB in my 80q and need part numbers:
8A0 199 307 F = LEFT engine mount bracket
8A0 199 308 J = RIGHT engine mount bracket
Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Here is what I'm doing:
I have a 1990 audi 90 (B3) auto NG 10v (I took the trans out already)
I need to find out what trans I have to get in order for my 9a engine to bolt up to, what subframe to use, and mounts. I know that the 3a and 9a short block are identical, so that problem would be solved easily.
is there a laundry list someone can come up with for me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Neat thread, for some reason I think this is more appealing than keeping the old 10v motor when it dies.
I've been browsing through the hybrid / swap section since i found this. But I'm apparently being a big dumb when it comes to the search feature. LOL 2 character limit.
If I were to do it when the 10v goes out, I think I'd see about setting it up for MegaSquirt. But I'm still trying to grasp which motors are which and which ones were offered in longitudinal form. Guess i need to do more reading still.

Modified by Sleepy_Steve at 6:47 PM 10-26-2009

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ABK bracket i got does not bolt to an AEB BLOCK at all on passanger side..

PASSANGER SIDE

for 9a and 3a and ABA block the ABK bracket will work on passanger side..

for AEB and 06a block you need the ADR bracket from a 20v 1.8l NA FROM CARBIO ONLY for passanger side

DRIVER SIDE
9a, 3a, aba are 3 hole mounts
the ABK driver side will work with AEB block. and 06a 4 hole block

i have tried these brackets myself.. i have this info my own work so i thought i would share

ABK driver side on an AEB block, 4 bolt mount same for 06a

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ABK driver side mount.. 4 bolt block ( AEB Pictured, also fit 06a)

these are the differences in bolt patterns for the passanger side..

Orange holes are Aeb block and o6a block from ADR Cabrio mount
Purple holes are for aba block and older, this is the ABK passanger side mount

121 - 140 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.