VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about the 1.8T springs. Are they any different than the regular MK4 springs on say a 2.0L?
Do they drop the car at all?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I tried the search but couldn't get anything...

· Banned
10,280 Posts
Re: 1.8T MK4 springs vs. regular MK4 springs (Bugging55)

Quote, originally posted by Bugging55 »
Got a question about the 1.8T springs. Are they any different than the regular MK4 springs on say a 2.0L?
Do they drop the car at all?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I tried the search but couldn't get anything...

My understanding was that the 2.0 and the 1.8T suspesnsions were the same for MOST cars. Some 1.8T models have the OEM sport suspension pre-installed, however, which includes stiffer springs and thicker sway bars.

· Registered
293 Posts

IIRC the 337 and 20AE come standard with the 'upgraded' springs offered in the VW DriverGear catalog.... they sit lower than GTI's with the OEM Sport Supension... not sure about the shocks...

· Registered
2,669 Posts
Re: 1.8T MK4 springs vs. regular MK4 springs (UnwantedDriver)

Quote, originally posted by UnwantedDriver »
IIRC the 337 and 20AE come standard with the 'upgraded' springs offered in the VW DriverGear catalog.... they sit lower than GTI's with the OEM Sport Supension... not sure about the shocks...

What???? The VW DriverGear springs are European Eibach ProKits. The 337 and 20AE do not come with European ProKits.

· Registered
1,800 Posts

I think 1.8T GTI and Jetta Wolfsburg have stiffer springs but not much lower if any. When I was going to ask for a price of my stock springs, they couldn't tell by my model, wanted to know the color code on the spring (mine's brown/green).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.