VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this just developed maybe 1000 miles ago, so I don't know if it's just the car wearing as normal, or it's something else...
Whenever I start my car, the engine turns as usual, but you know, when the engine starts, it vibrates a little harder than usual, thats primarily when I hear it, almost like a loud plastic against plastic vibration or buzz. It's really apparent, and it kind of worries me. It also happens at a certain RPM when I get off the clutch to upshift or downshift, as the revs are spooling down most of the time. 2000-4000 RPMS most of the time, it'll also "buzz" when I hold the revs in that range as well. So now I'm wondering if something like a rock, or acorn or something is just sitting in such a position that it rattles, and doesn't come loose, or something else...?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: 1.8T owners, do you have this problem? (FryingPan)

I get that buzz, but only on a cold start. Then again, I hit a muffler that was rolling on the expressway going 80MPH. The plastic on the front valence is cracked. I thought that was making the sound... I guess not.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 1.8T owners, do you have this problem? (FryingPan)

Well, I just spent a few minutes out in the garage, poking around under the hood, checking all the covers, wires, etc, and found my battery cover to be loose. I snapped it back into place, and it was gravy after that. Problem solved http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.