VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that pump in tank or inline, do you include the harness ecu key and stuff or no?
pump is in-line

i have the factory harness that has been cut up a bit for a wire tuck....see below for the best photo i have of the bay/wire tuck/harness...

again i do not have the ECU, but they can be had easy enough, and with the IMMO defeated will work with any cluster...i also have the OEM cluster that has the milage to match the engine i will part with...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
if that is the engine for 1k thats one damn clean engine o_O.......what else did you do to it? I wish I would put my self through the trouble of buying this and finding a body/turbo/tran to build gf a car heh. Gl with sell, free bump :)

·
Registered
19,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if that is the engine for 1k thats one damn clean engine o_O.......what else did you do to it? I wish I would put my self through the trouble of buying this and finding a body/turbo/tran to build gf a car heh. Gl with sell, free bump :)
lets talk...i am soon to have an o2m to sell with the engine as well...:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
internal water pump? I have a '03 Audi A4 quattro 5speed and the engine overheated and blew. i would be simply pulling it out and dropping this in, swapping the parts needed. but there are little things here and there was differ from the blocks. like the water pump setup and the thermostat housings and whatnot. Im doing my research right now. I have to ask - how will it run?

·
Registered
19,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
internal water pump? I have a '03 Audi quattro 5speed and the engine overheated and blew. i would be simply pulling it out and dropping this in, swapping the parts needed. but there are little things here and there was differ from the blocks. like the water pump setup and the thermostat housings and whatnot. Im doing my research right now. I have to ask - how will it run?
Yes it has the internal water pump, it was replaced with the steel one winter of '08-'09, timing belt was replaced when the motor went back together in the spring of '09....the motor ran great when i pulled it from the car....the valve cover was off the car for the first time winter '08-'09 when I installed the BT, looked amazingly clean....ran the BT for one year, car went back under the knife, had the VC off again last spring to powder coat, looked just as good as it did the year before...

only oil ever used in the car was mobil 1 15/50 or which ever the red cap that is used for euro/FI vehicles.....it was changed every 5k since i got the car (had 13 miles on it)

if you want to discuss more indepth please feel free to email me at my screen name @ gmail.com

the engine is on a stand and can be loaded up at any time

cheers,
mh

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.