VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy's + gal's down here we have a lot of sand.
I am building a buggy for next season and am thinking of going with a 1.8t. there are a couple of wrx's turbo's running here now . Anybody use the 1.8 in this application ?? at least I wont have to worry about window reg

·
Registered
10,102 Posts
Re: 1.8t sand sled (YumaJetta1.8t)

I used to be the Driver of a rally team racing "California rails" here, but no sand...just mud slangin'
. We used air-cooled VW motors, but several used watercooled VW & Porsche motors, no 1.8Ts though. Its definitely doable. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 1.8t sand sled (gintaras)

I will be sure to keep you posted. this will be a long project I have until mid Nov until the season starts we are just in the planning stage as of now cash flow could be a big hang up long travel suspenions cost out the yang!! dam near as much as motor and drive train $250 - $400 X 4 ouchbut you have to start some where

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: 1.8t sand sled (Jetta_1.8Tip)

talk to FISHER BUGGIES, tell them i sent you.
they build a lot of dune buggies and have the fastest beetle in the USA, they are about 3miles away from me, great guys, not so great prices though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 1.8t sand sled (Wolk's Wagon)

Isthat a fuel tank looks small. Talk to my expert today he runs a aircoled VW putting out about 175 hp With a scooby doo body if you can invison that hey it looks cool and moves good but he has to rebuild every 2 seasons fine sand eats parts. What we need is a line on some wiring diagrams to by pass stuff like tip rev limiter ecu for air fuel mix. any help is great

thanks for the intrest http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
we are new to the 1.8t in this application
this could be a dune eater anybody have a spare 18t with tip for sale

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Re: 1.8t sand sled (YumaJetta1.8t)

quote:[HR][/HR]Isthat a fuel tank looks small. Talk to my expert today he runs a aircoled VW putting out about 175 hp With a scooby doo body if you can invison that hey it looks cool and moves good but he has to rebuild every 2 seasons fine sand eats parts. What we need is a line on some wiring diagrams to by pass stuff like tip rev limiter ecu for air fuel mix. any help is great

thanks for the intrest http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
we are new to the 1.8t in this application
this could be a dune eater anybody have a spare 18t with tip for sale[HR][/HR]​
valve cover.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: 1.8t sand sled (droopy1592)

Hey
ya them are the dunes there are pretty cool and ya Star wars was filmed there turn left off the interstate and you have the butter cup area runs all the way to mexico 30 mi X 5 miles of pure sand take a right and you have glamis dunes a bit smaller but taller hills 300 to 600 ft during thanksgiving there can be up to a hundred thousand people out there lots of vw rails even some north star v8's headsouth from yuma and you have mexico with miles of beaches with dunes that are cool to and the baja golf lots of beer and babes.
dude thanks for your service good luck and god's speed http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts