VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

There shold be seperate forums for stock and aftermarket turbos (1.8t 20v)

• Yes - add it

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No - do not add it

Votes: 20 12.7%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now.

·
Registered
535 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
15,993 Posts
There really needs to be two seperate forums.

One forum for stock turbos k03,k03s,ko4, etc
One forum for aftermarket/big turbos

:beer:
yes please....i am so sick of kids trying to reinvent the wheel over and over again with thier cut rate ko3/ko4s and thinking they are gods gift to vortex :laugh:

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Damn good idea:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
the NO's shouldn't count unless they give a reason why!!!

great idea, i hate having to go back 10 pages when i dont get on for a few days

13,388 Posts
I think its a great idea. It would ease a lot of the tension in here. Many of the BT boys have a bit of an arrogance about them, and seem to forget that we all came from somewhere. The 1.8t technical forum was never intended to be the BT elitist forum. Its a technical forum for the 1.8t engine. Thats it.. In short a place for ALL 1.8t owners to go for technical advice. Whether a question has been asked a million times shouldnt matter. Not for nothing the new search function is the suck, and new owners shouldnt be chastised for asking simple, basic questions. I say give all the BT guys a place to hang out, and allow the NEWBs and less mechanicly inclined guys ask there questions that may annoy the more experienced among us. Personally I would hang in the BT forum. But the rest of you need to be more patient, and civil to the average owner/enthusiast;)

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
I agree, general regurgitated misinformation (which was the biggest problem in here years ago) has been overwhelmingly replaced by widespread saltyness.

Personally I think the new search is miles better than anything this board has had in the last 5yrs. I don't have a problem finding much of anything in here now.

13,388 Posts
I just got back on here after a hiatus, and didnt realise that the new search function actually works. My bad. I have been known to dish out my share of flamage, but its been obscene in here lately. I feel terrible for some of these guys who come in here asking simple questions, because (A) they are trying fix their damned car, or (B) are simply newbs and dont know any better. Sure some guys are just plain lazy, but that isnt what ive been seeing lately. This problem has been exaggerated by a certain NEWB that flames away and trounces this forum as if he were 35-40 yr old seasoned vet; the reality is that this fool is simply a spoiled rich kid who went BT right off the bat, and feels that he is somehow entitled to berate others because mommy and daddy have a fat balance sheet.. Im speaking of one individual in particular.. He knows who he is;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
BT FTW! Most of the misguided questions that come through the 1.8T forum are for chassis related stuff, they should be politely re-directed, but usually aren't and are flamed big time.. It's all in good fun though, toughen up!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
agreed nothing worse then the mk4 idiots posting in the technicals just becasue he has a 1.8t in his car

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Voted yes.:thumbup:

I think this will benefit vortex greatly; but i do see a flaw in it. The guys that KNOW their stuff will be hanging around the new BT forum. This in-turn, leaving the ones that ask the questions and need help S.O.L. It would provide much better organization for people that need to search though. All in all, i think it WILL help more than hurt the community, therefore i vote yes:laugh:

I hope in the near future, the vortex community provides more helpful comments rather than flaming. This obviously has become a pretty big problem as it has been expressed by several other members. I think also that before a "new member" can post, i believe they should have to read the sticky at the top of the page. Most vets that joined vortex didnt start posting when they became a member. They mostly read and read and did the work. When a question arose, they posted. There are new members that come in here and ask to be spoon fed and yes, this becomes very frustrating, especially if you are a contributing member to the tex. Just my .02 and outlook on the topic:wave:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts