VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

There shold be seperate forums for stock and aftermarket turbos (1.8t 20v)

• Yes - add it

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No - do not add it

Votes: 20 12.7%
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I like the idea but I wish there was more of a locked invite only forum. Something you can read but not post until invited. Because having a special big turbo forum isn't going to stop the same posts being made everyday.

·
Premium Member
36,790 Posts
I don't like this idea of segregating the forum. Then the VR6 guys will want a turbo sub-forum, etc.

Can't we all just be one big happy family?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I don't like this idea of segregating the forum. Then the VR6 guys will want a turbo sub-forum, etc.

Can't we all just be one big happy family?

it seems to me that all the vr6 guys are in the FI forum. i think that forum should be changed to a BT forum

13,388 Posts
What's wrong with MKIV's? BTW- after calling MK4 owners idiots, you spelled because wrong. Ironic:laugh:
Nothing is wrong with mk4's.. Its the mk4 forum that is the problem..

Lower it, stretched tires, plaid headliners, skinny jeans, etc.. :thumbdown:

13,388 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sponge bob tight pants bwhaha ha hahhahah ha ha h ahha ah

well i will say this .. try and talk to a m5 crowed !!!
The "emkay crowd" is the "emkay crowd"...

They ALL make a total mockery of OUR scene.. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The "emkay crowd" is the "emkay crowd"...

They ALL make a total mockery of OUR scene.. :banghead:
lol lets justt put it this way if justin beiber drove a vw it would most likely be a mk5 ..lol

i dont blame you last night i went o starbucks i seen a kid prob 8 or 10 looked just like justin beiber but with a green frohawk and spiked earings wearing tight pants .... WHAT THE TRUCK??? and another kid in a purple flannel with a purple tie and a bennie half way on his head longer hair and steven q erkel glasses and tight pants ..another WHAT THE TRUCK??? all i know is if i even thought about dressing like that my dad would beat my A33... lol what is wrong with kids these days ??!!!!!!!

13,388 Posts
I dunno.. What is up with the TIGHT jeans FORCED off their azzes?

At least when we used to sag, it was NO MORE than a couple inches, with baggy jeans.. I just dont get this whole style:screwy:

·
Registered
409 Posts
.. I just dont get this whole style:screwy:
Well, my 15yr old nephew would say it's 'cos we're old, and judging by these comments, he would be right. I'm sure our parents were saying the same things at some point about us.

But I agree: stretched tires, plaid interiors are just as lame as Honda owners who put tow rings on theirs cars (though they've never been on a track) and those stupid little teddy bears on their rear bumpers. My grievance is with the blanket statement of MKIV owners. I know many who are serious builders and aren't new to the game and shouldn't be grouped among those who do stupid, non performance oriented things like stretching tires (which looks soo effin stupid).

I think there should be invite only forums for each motor class. Meaning that if you have a simple maintenance question, you would have a dedicated forum for that. If you have a serious performance question, not a dumb one like "turbo vs supercharger" (which pops up every few months in the 12v forum) then you'd have a forum for that. Although, it seems like the 1.8 forum has more than it's fair share of stupid questions that have been asked a million times.

·
Registered
535 Posts
73 votes to 9...where is the moderator to finalize this

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
x2

I voted no. (and I'm BT)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
As has been stated before I think there should be a sections in each part of the forum for invite posting only , I'm sick and Fing tired of hearing about stance kids ( you all know who you are ). And I'm sick of looking for stuff to help my build and I have to wait threw all the crap ( half the post are just pure bulls*** from people who don't search , and them they cry cause they got flamed by stance kids spewing **** they were told a 6 months prior , at the sometime stance kids in general don't know Wtf they are talking about) .

I vote yes for this on so many levels and I'm doing a 1.8t St (small turbo , ko4 ).

Know I believe that the vw community is headed in two very different directions , one people who drive these cars and love them for all there stupid little flaws ( I remember when it wasn't cool to own these cars in fact people thought you were strange when you said "I drive a vw",were was I when the memo came out that stated owning a vw is cool) , these are also the people who build the **** out of there cars . And there is two .... stance people who dump the **** out of there cars to the point were of may not even be safe and the same goes for the stretched tires and the tight jeans ( BTW Wtf happens when these guys get boners ....) I'm so sick of stance kids giving me **** cause I have a "stock" headliner or I'm not low enough or I need to stretch my tires , or add a beer tap for a shifter ( this has no place on a race track )or my interior looks like **** cause its more practical to put my shift box inside my car mounted high up

It's like the mods and rocks in England

I have watched fads come and go but this stance **** seems to be staying ... witch is pissing me the **** off .

I'm sorry if this seems strong or I offended someone this is just a year of stance kids tearing my car apart when I spent two years and 12k (unemployed college student thats a lot ) restoring and modifying my mark 2 GTi

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I find it cinda YAWN!. What we really need is a better FAQ and better BT section in that. We will still have many a stupid BT question in a BT only section. There is just no way around young, newbees sprouting off at the keyboard before they research stuff. Any one that has been here awhile, is more likely to research on thier own, and figure a lot more stuff out on their own first.

So how would a BT forumn prevent that? Elighten me please.............
And don't you think if the FAQ was upgraded, it would help more so....?

13,388 Posts
So how would a BT forumn prevent that? Elighten me please.............
And don't you think if the FAQ was upgraded, it would help more so....?
We already have a BT forum; its called "The Forced Induction Forum"..

That said; I agree with you 100%. A revised, and more VISIBLE FAQ would help a little; although there's no magic bullet IMO. N00b's will always be n00b's.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts