VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm new to the world of VW's. I currently own a honda and i'm used to working with 4cylinder engines. However i hope to get a new car soon and was thinking about a Golf either in the 1.8T or VR6 category. My question is what is the better platform to go with? and FI wise is the VR6 able to be turbo charged?
TIA,
Chris

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Re: 1.8T vs. VR6 (unsurevw)

The 1.8T is a great engine as is capable of massive power. It's tuner friendly and also a little less heavy, so it's a better choice if you're looking to keep the car a little more balanced weight-wise.
The VR6 is the way to go for REAL power. It's got nice low-end torque and is FI friendly.
What kind of power are you looking for? 190-200 hp or 350-450 hp?

·
Banned
4,122 Posts
Re: 1.8T vs. VR6 (Agtronic)

you can put prolly up to 400 and never have to open up a 1.8T and be more reliable, cause its built for boost, but if you got cash like that then vr6 and T is the way to go, prolly overkill, my friends 2002 1.8T with apr chip and CAI is fast as it is!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1.8T vs. VR6 (Agtronic)

I'm am probably looking to put out 200+ hp. i dont know if i would go as high as 300+ yet. i used to be into drag racing but i'm heading more towards road/autocross so i was thinking the 1.8T would be better for that especially to keep the car balanced. I'm going into college this year so i want something that will last but will still have some power when i need it. I will probably get a new car after college so i can always go up a step if i need to. Well any input or thoughts will be greatly appreciated on what i should do. Also, what are the prices i would be looking at for a new Turbo for the 1.8 as well as for the VR6. thanks,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.