VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you guys go about acchiving a drop of about 2 inches? and the first person to recomend the cup kit im going to personaly come to you and beat your ass. I cant go 2.5 inches down. with the NYC roads being so ****ty.

I am considering the weitec 40/40 kit.... any other sugestions?
thnaks to any help

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (Mk3GolfGL)

i have the weitec kit and it very good but i have the 60/40. i love it and i recommmed it and its only $400. u cant beat that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
i have the gt 60/40 kit and i enjoy it. not harsh blahblahblah...i live in mass so i know how bad roads can be. get the kit, enjoy. though i think you should go 60/40. it just looks right

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (simon97jetta)

cup kit is an agressive 2.5".
The only springs I know of that would drop it that much would be neuspeed race. But we all know the reputation that neuspeed has around here

My H&R's are around 1.6 or 1.7 all around.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]Um, the cup kit is not 2.5 inches, it is 2 inches all around, so thats your answer.[HR][/HR]​
Ok, thats what the add says but from everyone i have talked to, after the springs settle, it ends up a 2.5 in the front and about 1.9 in the back.....
now to complete my previous promise, where do you live so i can come beat your ass.
lol

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Um, the cup kit is not 2.5 inches, it is 2 inches all around, so thats your answer.[HR][/HR]​
The Cup Kit is definitely lower than 2 inches. I think that we should all beat your ass.

·
Banned
6,135 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (Slapshotnerd)

quote:[HR][/HR]cup kit is an agressive 2.5".
The only springs I know of that would drop it that much would be neuspeed race. But we all know the reputation that neuspeed has around here

My H&R's are around 1.6 or 1.7 all around.[HR][/HR]​
HEH HEH chuckle! chuckle! H&R makes neuspeed springs, they just stamp their name on it. The neuspeed race springs are nice but require the use of bilstein or koni struts to get the best performance out of them. The neuspeed springs are some of the best I have ever run.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (late_apex)

Also the Cup Kit is a harsh ride for most people.
Jamex makes a 2.25 kit, but I don't know the price.

BTW, The Cup Kit lowered my car about 2.5, but my stock suspension was shot so my car was a true 4x4

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (late_apex)

quote:[HR][/HR] The neuspeed springs are some of the best I have ever run.[HR][/HR]​
i have the neuspeed stage 2 sport springs and i LOVE the ride, but need more drop...dereiks making me get a cup kit...when i get the casholi

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (pdxvento)

progress springs will drop it 2" in the front and 1.8" in the back. that is what i have and i love it. not too high and not too low

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: 1.9-2.1'' drop? (Prognosis)

Greg, spend the money and go with the setup I have. H&R sports and Koni adjustables. Or you can save a little bit and get Bilsteins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts