VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be in the market for one of these, but with higher milage. i assume bmw's are going to be reliable up in the higher numbers, but i just was curious as to what you guys think, and if there are common problems.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Re: 100-125k on a e36 325/328? (jbell)

At that mileage I wouldn't go near most used cars.
BMWs are not cheap cars to maintain. While not exorbitant, you might
be better off looking at something newer with fewer miles.

·
Registered
28,779 Posts
Re: 100-125k on a e36 325/328? (jbell)

Quote, originally posted by jbell »
i may be in the market for one of these, but with higher milage. i assume bmw's are going to be reliable up in the higher numbers, but i just was curious as to what you guys think, and if there are common problems.

BMW owners who take care of their cars often reach much higher mileages than that. Actually, it is true for most kinds of cars.
A good maintenance history is far more important than odometer mileage when looking at a used car. You may want to ask on BMW forums what the maintenance schedule actually is for the cars in question, and what repairs tend to be common. Also, any key things to look at when evaluating a used car.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Re: 100-125k on a e36 325/328? (vertigo)

my parents boght an old bimmer back in the 80s with high miles... didn't last them. Now they wont even condsider buying a bimmer ever

·
Registered
3,491 Posts

·
Banned
7,292 Posts
Re: 100-125k on a e36 325/328? (knvs)

Quote, originally posted by knvs »
my parents boght an old bimmer back in the 80s with high miles... didn't last them. Now they wont even condsider buying a bimmer ever

Right, that was probably a 2002 or something...
How's your ten yearold Hammer holding up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts