VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the Representative at the Foxworthy 76 Gas station. They will no longer sell the gas. I ask to speak with the shop owner but the manager had said it is a done deal... Please lets all give a moment of silence....
Redwood city is just too far to go especially when Foxworthy was less than a mile away

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (uprisinkhmer)

Quote, originally posted by uprisinkhmer »
why is it so hard find some higher than 91 octane gas

There are precious few VWs in the Bay Area that actually need 100 octane.

· Registered
861 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (whodeani)

Yeah, where is the Redwood City 100 octane pump? I work in that area.
I noticed the foxworthy pump DOA when I pulled up there the other day. It's too bad. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (uprisinkhmer)

Quote, originally posted by uprisinkhmer »
i didnt even know california have 100 octane from gas pumps....

yep, there are quite a few locations that sell 100 octane. They all seem to be Union 76s. The one in Turlock on Golden State Blvd has 100 octane, at least last time I checked. I don't think it's going to do much to help a stock NA engine but if you are running forced induction 100 octane should give you a boost in performance.

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (achun)

Quote, originally posted by achun »
Where in Redwood City is 100 octane available? There used to be an Olympic station in San Mateo that had Sunoco 104 but it's gone.

Off of 101 and whipple... head down whipple cross over El Camino and it's about 1/2 mile to 1 mile down the road. It's at a 76 gas station. They only have it on one pump. Also it's right by the Jack N The Box.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (whodeani)

Quote, originally posted by whodeani »

Off of 101 and whipple... head down whipple cross over El Camino and it's about 1/2 mile to 1 mile down the road. It's at a 76 gas station. They only have it on one pump. Also it's right by the Jack N The Box.

Nah, its at the corner of Woodside Road and Kentfield, west of El Camino, across from a Jack in the Box. If you take Whipple you'll end up way the heck away in the wrong direction. Take Woodside Road off of 280 or 101.

· Registered
861 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (chris98GTI)

Quote, originally posted by chris98GTI »

Nah, its at the corner of Woodside Road and Kentfield, west of El Camino, across from a Jack in the Box. If you take Whipple you'll end up way the heck away in the wrong direction. Take Woodside Road off of 280 or 101.

Yeah...check the link I posted! Has pics of the damn place and further within the thread you'll find a link to a map. Enjoy.

· Registered
861 Posts
Re: 100 octane gone for good in San Jose on Foxworthy! (jimerc21)

Quote, originally posted by jimerc21 »

Yeah...check the link I posted! Has pics of the damn place and further within the thread you'll find a link to a map. Enjoy.

Yup...just went by there today and got some 100.

Bonus: Snap-On man was there with his truck too. Some more toys now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
1,606 Posts
Re: (cabzilla)

Quote, originally posted by cabzilla »
how many of you need 100 octane? exactly.

ohhhh sorry mr. VR turbo *bows down*
hey guys lets try and not make threads like this any more mmkay?
after all there are like 3 cars in all of cali that actualy need 100 octane.. dont wana upset mr turbo..

honestly though.. the question should be "who needs 100 octane from a pump?"
if you guys are just gona use it for racing now and then buy a 55 gal drum of it.. its WAY cheaper in the long run http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
inless your running 12:1 cr I dont think you needa worry about getting it at a pump

when you factor elevation and heat into it cali really should sell 92 at the pump though..
---
p.s. in the morning.. I prolly wont remember posting this, hope I didnt piss anyone off hahahahaha

· Registered
3,230 Posts
Re: (cabzilla)

Nobody "needs" 100 octane, but it is nice to have for those spirited runs.
And for people like me, who live in an apartment, buying a 55 gallon drum is not an option, hence the reason why I liked it at the pump.
Why does all of this matter anyway? Some want it and use it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.