VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On average how much is the 10k service on a 2.0t GLI?
Couldn't find anything in search, oh well I'm sure lots of you have a ball park of about what you paid.
Also whats included in the 10k that wasn't in the 5k?

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60, 2019 GTI 6MT
1,863 Posts
Re: 10k service (ptA2ptB)

Quote, originally posted by ptA2ptB »
Does not taking it for service void the warranty?
What do they do at the 5k mark?

You can do the servicing yourself or have an independent shop do it. Save your receipts and mark down the services in your maintenance booklet.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Re: 10k service (ptA2ptB)

Quote, originally posted by ptA2ptB »
Does not taking it for service void the warranty?
What do they do at the 5k mark?

No, it doesn't void the warranty. However, if you were to completely skip a maintenance interval altogether and your car had problems, you could have a hard time proving that any issue you may have was not caused due to neglect.
The issue would have to be specific to the maintenance skipped; for example, VW wouldn't give you a hard time with a warranty claim on your electircal system because you skipped two oil changes.
Why would you not follow the maitenance schedule though?
The 5K maintenance consists of an oil change and fluid fill-up. Nothing more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i just paid 89.00 for my 10k service, the 5k was just an oil change, all of the info is in the owners manual, my local dealer Carolina VW didn't recommend a service until 40k, They just said an oil change every 5k was good until the 40k mark. I did the 10k service anyway, Can anyone tell me why this might be?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Re: (BBest89)

Quote, originally posted by BBest89 »
i just paid 89.00 for my 10k service, the 5k was just an oil change, all of the info is in the owners manual, my local dealer Carolina VW didn't recommend a service until 40k, They just said an oil change every 5k was good until the 40k mark. I did the 10k service anyway, Can anyone tell me why this might be?

These cars use full synthetic oil. It doesn't need to be replaced every 5K miles. The manual recommends a 5K oil change, then the 10K service, then a scheduled maintenance every 10K miles thereafter.
If your dealer recommends an oil change every 5K miles, like mine, is because they'd like to have you come in a drop a Benjamin every 6 months, just because. No other reason.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was also interested to see that the manual said that service intervals were every 10,000 miles after the 10,000 mile service vs the dealership's recommendation of service every 5,000. I wonder how many people are getting ripped off due to the fact that they never crack open the manual and they just take their dealership's word as law? VW spent all the time and effort to put a lot of useful information into a nice leather bound manual, but nobody reads it. What a shame.

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60, 2019 GTI 6MT
1,863 Posts
Re: (BBest89)

Quote, originally posted by BBest89 »
So, I just had my oil changed with the 10k service and I had them use synthetic, so it would be alright to get it changed with the 20k ,30k, and so on?

As long as it was a VW 502.00 approved oil, you can go the 10k without a worry, unless your driving falls under extreme conditions.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: 10k service (svander)

Quote, originally posted by svander »

No, it doesn't void the warranty. However, if you were to completely skip a maintenance interval altogether and your car had problems, you could have a hard time proving that any issue you may have was not caused due to neglect.
The issue would have to be specific to the maintenance skipped; for example, VW wouldn't give you a hard time with a warranty claim on your electircal system because you skipped two oil changes.
Why would you not follow the maitenance schedule though?
The 5K maintenance consists of an oil change and fluid fill-up. Nothing more.

I topped off my engine coolant and windshield wiper fluid and changed my oil at 4922. Got the receipts for the oil and coolant. That all I need to do or is there more to it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.