·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Ebay posting:
quote:[HR][/HR]
Some of the highlights:
• Whipple quad rotor twin screw dual blower system
• Twin 2,400 cfm throttle bodies with 6 - 96 lb injectors in each.
• Custom oversize Ron Davis aluminum radiator
• Dual puller electric fans
• Cuprous-nickel intercooler housed inside manifold
• Adjustable boost via pulley changes. Max power around 1,200HP on pump gas. 1,500HP is possible with a pulley change & race gas.
• T&D rocker arms
• World Products Merlin II block bored & stroked to 522CI
• Aluminum Merlin Grumpy Jenkins heads
• The best internals money can buy including JE, Eagle, Isky etc.
• Dan Olson custom built oil pan
• Alumnicoated Hooker Super Comp headers with 2.625” primaries
• Custom built alumincoated exhaust system at 3.5” with Flowmaster 40 series
• Custom built secondary intercooler system built into front grill with overflow tank
• Richmond ROD 6 speed transmission with .62 final gear.
• Centerforce dual friction clutch with Lakewood Blow Proof housing.
• Custom built drivetrain with oversize driveshaft, L-88 spec half shafts & other upgrades.
• Chrome AC compressor, power steering – all the creature comforts
• All power options
• Custom powder coated 4 point roll bar system welded directly into the frame for safety.
• Custom built HRE 19X14 547’s in back with 19X10 547’s in front
• Michelin pilot sport tires. 345-YR30-19’s in back 285-YR30-19’s in front
• Custom ground effects
• 10 coats of black Dupont paint with 7 coats of clear on top
• Top of the line Vette Brakes & Products Performance Plus suspension system with Bilstein valved shocks, oversized sway bars & fiberglass springs front & back.
• Vette Brakes & Products Nascar brake system with stainless steel lines all around.
• Custom built Recaro Style seats with leather & lumbar support
• Custom built 250MPH speedo & 10,000 rpm tach
• Custom built 50+ gallon aluminum gas tank with dual baffles
• Twin 200GPH fuel pumps. Electronically controlled to run with one & the second comes on line with boost
• 5/8” stainless braided fuel lines
• Computer controlled fuel system with onboard module in glove box. Hooks directly to your laptop to adjust system. Car idles flawlessly at around 800 rpm.
• Dual battery system with chrome 140 amp alternator
• Custom stereo system (not yet installed). Includes Alpine MP3 capable deck, 2 12” Kicker Solo Baric square speakers, over 1000 watts of amps & tons of components, wires etc.
• Custom cooling plate (being installed now). The custom Vanacor front end does not trap enough cool air, so I am having the plate built to insure cool operation.
• Custom built powder coated frame with all seams welded & extra support added.
• Complete ground up restoration - every single part on the car is new. [HR][/HR]​
Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400753202&category=6168

SICK car! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by gt2437, 9:21 AM 1-24-2003]

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (sk8vet)

quote:[HR][/HR]in before tha....[HR][/HR]​
why would this be locked? It's not my car, just a link I found of a very nice car that a lot of time and money was invested into.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (theblur)

quote:[HR][/HR]damn, that guys still trying to sell it?
[HR][/HR]​
Wow. No kidding. I remember this from months ago. (last summer ?!)
Everytime I see it , I think of "Corvette Summer"

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (gt2437)

quote:[HR][/HR]why would this be locked? It's not my car, just a link I found of a very nice car that a lot of time and money was invested into.
[HR][/HR]​
i know, but its one of those "welcome to last year" kinda things.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (sk8vet)

quote:[HR][/HR]i know, but its one of those "welcome to last year" kinda things.[HR][/HR]​
Gotcha
I haven't been in the car lounge as much as I used to

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (Spindle)

quote:[HR][/HR]Wow. No kidding. I remember this from months ago. (last summer ?!)
Everytime I see it , I think of "Corvette Summer"
[HR][/HR]​
I loved that movie when I was younger. Wasn't it a RHD?????

G

·

[HR][/HR]​
Since the picture links aren't working, I can't really tell, but isn't this the Vette that the guy built, than realized he couldn't fit it into it?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (bgluckman)

Since the picture links aren't working, I can't really tell, but isn't this the Vette that the guy built, than realized he couldn't fit it into it?[HR][/HR]​
Just read through it, now he changed the reason

He is getting his doctorate and the climate sucks where he is... hmmm

G

·
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (capicuuu)

Yes, that would be the Vette.
You know, if you have enough disposable income hanging around to build this thing, one would think you'd always have enough disposable income to spend a couple months in a Weight Watcher's program along with buying a year's membership to a gym.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (bgluckman)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yes, that would be the Vette.
You know, if you have enough disposable income hanging around to build this thing, one would think you'd always have enough disposable income to spend a couple months in a Weight Watcher's program along with buying a year's membership to a gym.[HR][/HR]​
Since when does 'Weight Watchers' make you shorter?? Just because he can't fit in it doesn't mean he's a fatass. if you would have actually seen the original pic of him behind the wheel, you would know his head stuck up above the windshield a few inchs. Please try to have factual information instead of posting moronic remarks, ok?

[Modified by theblur, 10:36 AM 1-24-2003]

·
Registered
11,227 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Since when does 'Weight Watchers' make you shorter?? Just because he can't fit in it doesn't mean he's a fatass. if you would have actually seen the original pic of him behind the wheel, you would know his head stuck up above the windshield a few inchs. Please try to have factual information instead of posting moronic remarks, ok?
[HR][/HR]​
He could have the windshield raised with his kind of money.....

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: 1200hp '74 Vette convertible on Ebay (MartijnGizmo)

Here's a pic of the chassis:

19" x 14" rims on the rear!

G

·

quote:[HR][/HR]Since when does 'Weight Watchers' make you shorter?? Just because he can't fit in it doesn't mean he's a fatass. if you would have actually seen the original pic of him behind the wheel, you would know his head stuck up above the windshield a few inchs. Please try to have factual information instead of posting moronic remarks, ok?
[HR][/HR]​
Oh, get over it. I've seen pictures of the guy, and he's pretty big in every direction. If the issue he had was the windshield was too low, then maybe he should have used all his money to buy a tape measure prior to starting the project.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.