VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (autobahn1.8t)

Full exhaust, ECU Upgrade and a drop in K&N and you should be in the game. From there just practice your driving. Your suspension will help with your launch as well. Low 14's is possible with just good driving and 100 octane programming.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (Ryan E.)

Quote, originally posted by Ryan E. »
Full exhaust, ECU Upgrade and a drop in K&N and you should be in the game. From there just practice your driving. Your suspension will help with your launch as well. Low 14's is possible with just good driving and 100 octane programming.

some weight reduction, drop tire pressure, good set of tires and what he said, practice yer launches. get those 60 ft. times down,

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (GT-ER)

ive done 13.6 on continental tires, only at 19psi. no rear seats/spare was only weight reduction. there are plenty of guys who have better times then that with stock turbo, but how many have trapped 105-106, just a few

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (igotaprestent4u)

I've done 13.4 on bald street tires and 13.26 on drag radials. Basic mods, lots of weight reduction and pratie on the track.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (O2VW1.8T)

14.4's on 18 inch F1's, the world's ****tiest drag tires. Full interior including spare, in a GLI(holy weight).
GIAC X+
2.5" DP
AEM CAI
Forge 007

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (nidex)

i'm at the edge of 13's with the diode mod, boost controller, and bolt ons... I've also spent two nights a week for the last 8-9 months at the track improving my driving. And my car still weighs 2900 with me in it, the pass. seat out, the rear seat out, the spare removed, and a 1/4 tank of gas... New Beetle's are freakin heavy, the GTI is at least a little lighter.
Learning how to launch and shift fast is by far the biggest most cost effective "mod" you can make. Next in the order of importance is more boost (through a chip, or a more macgyver'ed setup like mine), tires, and exhaust.

·
Banned
16,368 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (1.8tizzle)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8tizzle »

basic mods and learn to drive.

now theoretically is it possible with a tiptronic tranny, like myself. *VERY DOUBTFUL* What do you guys think?

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (autobahn1.8t)

Chip, intake, turbo back is good for a high 13 with a low 2.2 60's if you're shifting right. 13.218 is my best, which may be slightly lower if I get to the track before the big turbo goes on next month.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Re: 13 sec on stock turbo possible?? (2002_Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by 2002_Turbo »
now theoretically is it possible with a tiptronic tranny, like myself. *VERY DOUBTFUL* What do you guys think?

spooledawp hit 13's on the tipper. its do-able.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.