VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, according to some initial research this appears to be a common issue amongst the RS community when running high boost.
From the intel that I have gathered thus far, the pump/controller overheats and can no longer maintain the pressure needed.

CTS said This fuel cut seems to be a more-or-less common occurrence with MK2 TT-RS and usually is fixed by replacing the low pressure pump or some customers have installed a TorqByte fuel pump controller. However, torqbyte required some sort of custom coding to make it work with the TT-RS. I do not have much detail on that unfortunately.

The fuel cut always seems to happen under WOT between 5-6k rpm.

The dealers suggested route is to first change the fuel filter, then inspect the HPFP to visually inspect the spring and plunger.
I've seen a few guys upgrade to either a Loba or an Autotech HPFP.

There was a vague post about "wiring", and if the above does not fix the issue then replacing the LPFP as a last resort.

I just thought someone here might have experienced the same issue or similar and could best direct me on the fix.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could try logging with Vag-Com. Full disclosure, I've never done this & don't know how, but the info will be out there.

Have you upgraded the HPFP? AFAIK that should be done with most Stage 2 tunes. The LPFP can flow enough fuel to go past 500HP from what I've heard. That doesn't mean that you don't have a faulty one (or wiring), but I've not heard anything to suggest they fail often. On the contrary, I think they are a very robust unit. If you are in the US, you can buy a new one for $360 if needed. https://store.ngpracing.com/oem-vdo-ttrs-fuel-pump.html

If you haven't upgraded the HPFP, I'd start there. Alternatively, you could ask the tuner to back off the tune a little so it doesn't request as much fuel.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Alternatively, you could ask the tuner to back off the tune a little so it doesn't request as much fuel.
You can lower the boost using VagCom:

Boost:
To adjust the boost is simple, plug VAG COM into your car, turn the ignition on and start VAG COM on your computer. With in VAG COM select the‘Engine’ control module, then select ‘Adaption’. Now select Channel 12 and press ‘Read’. The value that is shown is the current boost setting, default is 20 psi. To set the boost that you require simply enter the psi amount you wish to run, for 25psi enter 25. Once you’ve entered your value and press ‘Save’
Allowable ranges: (hardware dependent) (value in Boost PSI)
0 to 22
0 to 30
0 to 45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts