VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Re: (SargeinAZ)

Quote, originally posted by SargeinAZ »
miata with a different seat

Exactly! It was a tight fit for me in a miata, but a new steering wheel, and new seat would allow me to sit very comfortably.
Ben is 6'5 (where the hell has Ben, been?), and fits fine in his Miata.
Mazdaspeed Miata FTW!

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: Porsche (JustinCSVT)

Quote, originally posted by JustinCSVT »
I see that you live in Naples. Nice area. My uncle just moved back there. He didn't bring his Corvette with him(still here in ATL) but if you see a loud-a** black C5 Z06 tearing it up this summer, it's probably him.

Does he live in San Marino? I knew a guy there with a loud as hell Z06, custom bike, new frontier and mud ready Samari.
The E36 M3 is a ncie car. But for the price it loses to the C5 in every catagory except for the dash. Plus with both cars being 97-99 and 80-100k miles I'd rather pay for Chevy parts rather than BMW ones.
Mustang GT Convertable has too much cowel shake for me. My friend has a V6 model and going over speed bumps that car twists like a pretzel.
Im going to go against TCL. I'm going to say the RX8 is going to be my target car. You can buy them on ebay for $14-17k all day long for an 04-05 with under 45k miles. Its down 150hp from he C5, but the 150hp advantage is not that signifcant in a parking lot full of cones. Only issue is the roof....I gotta work on the fiance. With any luck there will be a horrific accident on the news tonight that involves a convertable rolling over. I also need to work on "buying a sports car now is a smart financial decision for us".

·
Banned
22,490 Posts
Re: (sandiegan)

Quote, originally posted by sandiegan »
What about 99-04 Stang GT's

Go Older

Cheap on Parts and Repairs
Cheap on Go Fast goodies
1988 Ford Mustang LX Coupe

Specs: V8 302 5.0L 5-speed, Red w/ Black, MAC Headers, MAC H-Pipe, MAC Dumps, MAC Underdrive Pullies, MAC Cold Air Intake, Ford Racing Cobra Upper & Lower Intake, Griffin Racing Radiator, Dual Electric Fans, Warlboro 255 Fuel Pump, 3.73 Gears, P/W, P/L, A/C, CD player and Enkei Wheels
Current 1/4 Mile: 12.905 @ 105.83mph (in 87 degree FL Heat)

Modified by PrupleGTI at 7:16 PM 3-27-2007

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Re:

One thing to keep in mind about a targa C5 is that it might be difficult for the finacee to remove the top herself.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Re: $15-18k Used RWD Sports Car Battle (Mabe)

I'd go with the boxster or, since you're including the RX-8, an e46 328/330. But if you've never owned a Vette, you should at least once.

Modified by fueledbymetal at 8:24 AM 3-28-2007

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Re: (SuperGroove)

Quote, originally posted by SuperGroove »
Exactly! It was a tight fit for me in a miata, but a new steering wheel, and new seat would allow me to sit very comfortably.
Ben is 6'5 (where the hell has Ben, been?), and fits fine in his Miata.
Mazdaspeed Miata FTW!

Wel since he is going to track it you also hae to consider wether or not his head will be over the rollbar with a helmet.
Thats what stopped me from getting one for trackdays and I got an e30 instead.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: $15-18k Used RWD Sports Car Battle (Mabe)

Boxsters actually have a ton of storage space, it's just split between two trunks. The frunk is rather small, but there's also a trunk behind the engine that's quite big.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Re: $15-18k Used RWD Sports Car Battle (AKADriver)

You can get a fairly nice Z32 (Nissan 300ZX) Twin Turbo for that kind of money. The difficult part is finding one that's not riced out or beat all to hell and back.

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Didn't the BMW Z3's and Mroadsters have serious issues with the frame cracking? Or subframe or something?
I'd say get the C5.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Corvette C5?

If you are serious about the C5, then you SERIOUSLY need to read this:
http://forums.corvetteforum.co...84927
I am not posting this to scare you, I love Vettes, period. This information could help you secure a better one.
The other cars have great points and merits, but in terms of support alone the Corvette Community is oustanding in terms of getting useful information for "troublefree" ownership.

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert, E36 coupé
1,292 Posts
Buy that guy’s Chevy V6 swapped RX8. I forget his username but he posted about it here!

·
Registered
2016 GTI
3,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
996....dry heaves.... Cab

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert, E36 coupé
1,292 Posts
Holy ****. I necro bumped a thread from 2007.

I swear to god I didn’t mean to, officer! It was that dang NEW FORUM SOFTWARE!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts