VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Re: (seanmcd72)

Quote, originally posted by seanmcd72 »
I'm still undecided on ever chipping the Rabbit. APR has stated on here that they haven't produced a program for the 2.5 because it's not worth it (as in there's nothing to gain), especially for the latest 170hp engine.

This is just plain rubbish. My 08 rabbit with GIAC software alone ****ing kills.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: (v3ntovolkswag3n)

Quote, originally posted by v3ntovolkswag3n »

This is just plain rubbish. My 08 rabbit with GIAC software alone ****ing kills.
Well if 6 horsepower and 9 foot lbs of torque is ****ing killer for you, that's great.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: (v3ntovolkswag3n)

You people throw money away like it grows on trees..
270-350 for an intake
300-400 to get chipped
500-1000 to get a cat back exhaust
I made my exhaust in a car craft center at Ft. Campbell, Ky for the price of a muffler and getting straight pipe pieces bent and welded in.
I would go turbo before I spent money like that cause that stuff adds up.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: (daemontrym)

Quote, originally posted by daemontrym »
You people throw money away like it grows on trees..
I made my exhaust in a car craft center at Ft. Campbell, Ky for the price of a muffler and getting straight pipe pieces bent and welded in.

Can you make me one for xmas and I pay you???

·
Registered
11,777 Posts
Re: (MKVJET08)

Quote, originally posted by MKVJET08 »

who cares what APR thinks? look at the price, look at the gains, and you decide for yourself if its worth it.
oh and btw, the same gains that were seen on the 150hp motor are the same as on the 170hp motor

The difference has been debated a lot, but I think the 150 bhp engine really has 160 bhp+. A 150hp FWD should be putting down 125ish, which a lot of them seem to be running around 132-140 whp. European car did some test on a 150hp w/ bolt ons, and the stock power was 138 whp. Now the 170bhp motor puts down 140-147 whp, which is correct given a 15% drivetrain loss.
So I say VW understated the 150 bhp motor, and the 170 bhp is correct. This is all peak power, but there is more power in the full rpm range on the 170hp motor. You can really see the differences in the road test that have been done by car magazines.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: (bunnyhopin)

Just got chipped uni + thanx to force fed and all i can say is WOW even tho the roads were wet and i could only grip 2nd on it feels amazing i need my exhaust pronto http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

21 - 30 of 30 Posts