VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

· Banned
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heheeh, I just noticed my odometer go over 150k today, didn't notice till it was 150005 when I was at NAPA auto parts store. How many people just made it to the 150 club? I just changed my oil today too with a synthetic and some mystery marvel. I'm overpampering this car, seeing I won't be driving it as much now that the Passat is coming together today. I also just put a new muffler hanger on the rear muffler, sort of a happy 150K present I think that the car got all this attention. I even spray painted some rust spots on the undercarriage.
I think I will get another 500K out of here before rebuild hehhehe. But just think of all the expensive gas to get me there. I could have bought a Porsche for that gas money. At todays gas rates I calculated that at 30 miles per gallon, I'd have spent over $50,000 by the time I hit 500k.
Do the math 500k divided by 30mpg x $3.19

I just figured out since I bought the car with 130k on it, I've already spent $2000 on gas.

Modified by sabatosh at 5:27 AM 9-9-2005

· Banned
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don't you go get a new cluster from a yard? They don't cost a fortune you know, it's nice to know how many miles you've driven. Especially helpful when following Mapquest directions to weird places or keeping up with maintenance.

· Registered
952 Posts
Re: (sabatosh)

Quote, originally posted by sabatosh »
Why don't you go get a new cluster from a yard? They don't cost a fortune you know, it's nice to know how many miles you've driven. Especially helpful when following Mapquest directions to weird places or keeping up with maintenance.

Really? Never thought of that..
It's on the list, though not that high. I plan on pulling everything apart this weekend and see whats doing.

· Registered
922 Posts
Re: (sabatosh)

Quote, originally posted by sabatosh »
Why don't you go get a new cluster from a yard? They don't cost a fortune you know, it's nice to know how many miles you've driven.

Odometers are usually pretty easy to fix.
I'll be hitting 258,000 on my daily this weekend...
werd.
-d.

· Banned
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the only issues my car has is the interior/exterior. I want to put a new carpet in. I wanna put a new back seat in, or make some sort of black seat cover to match the front. I definately have to wash and wax it before winter comes.
It needs a paint job and a few shallow door dings smoothed out. I was gonna paint the wheels today too, to get any road rash scratches off them rather than polish, since I'm looking for winter protection.
Trouble is I'm putting together my Passat today too. So I am not in a huge hurry...to fix all these Jetta issues. The Jetta will never look half as nice as the Passat sadly.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,806 Posts
Re: (fiorya)

150k is no big deal. I've made a car pass that once and bought 2 that were already over 150. These aren't Mercedes's, they don't deserve a grille badge when they are just "broken in"!

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Re: (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
150k is no big deal. I've made a car pass that once and bought 2 that were already over 150. These aren't Mercedes's, they don't deserve a grille badge when they are just "broken in"!

Is that what the Badges are for? I never new..

· Banned
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heheheh, yeah well my car is 150k but pulling well for being an 86. I replaced the gaskets, seals, and cleaned it up a bit, but it's probably good for awhile running on a full synthetic.
Even if it's not, there's a dime a dozen old VW engines I can swap in for under 100$ at the yard. Just a pain in the neck to do it..
which reminds me I gotta get back to work on my Passat. lol

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.