VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured i may as well start this thread now since im finally starting to get some of my stuff in.
list goes as follows:
5 gal 4 port tank
dual viair 400's
110/145 pressure switch
dual 3/8" smc all metal watertraps
EAI 7 switch box
8 asco valves
single needle 160 psi tank pressure gauge
3/8" front line w/ flow controls and mufflers
1/4" rear line
custom hatch setup
custom gauge setup
uavair aero sport fronts over v-maxx coils
firestone w/ brackets rears
already recieved:
tank
compressors
pressure switch
watertraps
gauges
switch box
custom gauge setup
220 psi bag gauges

will receive 12/29: (according to UPS)
lines
switches
fittings
need to order:
valves
front bags
rear bags
the car:

some goodies as of now:

the work so far:
havent done much besides strip the interior. center console is out. rear seats are out. dash under steering column is out. planning on running electrical inside the car through the center console. air lines will be run on frame rails. im not a huge fan of the a-column pods so i wanted to make something to hold my gauges. i have a pioneer avic d-2 double din, so the gauge panel was out of the question. i never use my ash tray, or cupholders, so i figured "why not?"
workspace

gauges in ash tray

revised, tray finished in wood. need to paint and they will be done. wiring possibly tomorrow (weather permitting)

no pictures of the cupholder one, kind of revising that one i think. the angle is perfect on the ash tray ones though, very happy with the outcome thus far. just some paint and some clean up and those should be good to go. the hatch will be starting to get built anytime after the 1st. a friend is helpin me out with that and we are building it all in his shop. i will update this thread as frequently as possible. like i said i cant ebilive that im making this thread, air has been a dream for a long while and i am very happy i decided to quit being a puss and just start blowin money. i had a set goal of around $1200 but after a couple of calculations, i will probably be looking at around $1600+
i need to thank a couple people for giving me most of everything i need to know. without these guys help, i WOULD NOT be even close to where i am right now in this build. i had no idea what i was talking about (and still am learning). the air suspension forum was always a little scary to me with everyones cars, a lot of well known guys in here and i didnt think i would get the welcome i have gotten. so a HUGE thanks goes out to:
santi
PIFF
andrew "buck" m.
so stay tuned, updates are always around the corner http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by ericjohnston27 at 8:45 PM 12-30-2008

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Re: (Doey20v)

Have you tested the fit of that with the console actually in the car? I have a hidden volts gauge in my ashtray and it took a bit of work to get it to fit under the lid because the leads and bottom of the gauge housing hit. Once you add some PTCs to the back of those gauges, you might find you have some clearance issues.

Looks good so far

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FV-QR

yeah already tested. it was a bitch
i had to cut off a lot of the back of the panel, but you can only see the top. this was the first "prototype"

cut down to this

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FV-QR (TickTack)

Quote, originally posted by TickTack »

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to the eurowerks badge.

ill be there again next year, lower this time

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ericjohnston27)

watching this.....i got the same tank and vmaxx just dont know if i want to go manual or digital on the pressure, il be putting either in the same spot...cant wait to see keep up the good work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FV-QR

didnt get around to doing anything today, too damn busy. i am supposed to be getting some goodies tomorrow from suicide doors and i believe my switchbox, so i may get something done tomorrow. or at least give you all some worthless pictures to look at

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 1587 gets with it (ericjohnston27)

just got home... no UPS. also got some more good news. still hadnt recieved my tracking number from suicide doors for the big order of fittings i put in about a week ago. no biggie, figured since there was a holiday they would be backed up. gave them a call to see if i could get the tracking number via telephone... yep, hadnt shipped and the guy told me that roughly 98% of my order was out of stock and it "could be weeks" before they were stocked up to fill the order. however, they were super cool about it and refunded my money on the spot. i need to thank [email protected] for stepping in big time to fill the order and even offer me free shipping to get me the much needed fittings. he even checked stock of every fitting needed over the phone with me, that is very very impressive service and I cant thank him enough to take the time and do that for me. every email was responded to within literally minutes today even with this being the first day back from the holiday vacation and probably being quite busy. once again i am dumbfounded by the knowledge and helpfulness of everyone i have gone to with my air ride questions. so far the experience has been a positive one, when we start installing stuff, that may be a different story

so once again, THANK YOU Kevin!

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FV-QR

it wasnt a bad experience i guess you could say. an email saying they were out of the fittings would have been nice though. but like i said it is right after the holidays, so i gave them the benifit of the doubt. they were quite understanding and refunded me right away. i just wish i could have gotten the info sooner. now instead of putting everything together, i get to wait longer and just stare at all the stuff piling up in my living room

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FV-QR

yeah hes helped me out quite a bit so far. always answers the phone, and always returns emails and any questions super quick. also i usually get a tracking number within minutes to a couple hours, not weeks or days.

1 - 20 of 280 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.