VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MK6 Jetta TDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a MK6 Jetta TDI on stock 16" and I got me a set of 18" Golf rims (Durban) and I would love to slap them on and still keep speedometer as accurate as possible. Can you please help with best advice. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
The size of the wheel (rim) does not matter if your tire size is compensating. Larger wheel, smaller profile (side wall) tire. Smaller wheel, larger side wall tire. Unless you are raising the vehicle and slapping some off-road tires on it, the speedometer won’t change. The rotation will be the same until you change the overall size of wheel and tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MK6 Jetta TDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The size of the wheel (rim) does not matter if your tire size is compensating. Larger wheel, smaller profile (side wall) tire. Smaller wheel, larger side wall tire. Unless you are raising the vehicle and slapping some off-road tires on it, the speedometer won’t change. The rotation will be the same until you change the overall size of wheel and tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Mclaven 👍

·
Registered
347 Posts
1010 tire and Tire rack both have alternate wheel size options. There you can see the pre determined tire specs for different rim sizes to get a starting point.

Then you can check a tire calculator to help you determine your exact tire size preference. Id you want more sidewall, stretch etc.

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HenDog

·
Registered
58 Posts
My MK6 TDI had 205 55 16 tires on the 16" rims and I put 18" wheels with a 225 40 18 tire and it didn't change the speedo reading.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MK6 Jetta TDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1010 tire and Tire rack both have alternate wheel size options. There you can see the pre determined tire specs for different rim sizes to get a starting point.

Then you can check a tire calculator to help you determine your exact tire size preference. Id you want more sidewall, stretch etc.

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts