VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

16v CIS Basic fuel system parts

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jemplf69 
#1 ·
Hi! I am building a 16v ABA engine running on Bosch CIS Basic or K-Basic. I need a complete set of fuel delivery cis lines, intake boots, fuel distributor, mass air flow meter, throttle body and accelerator cable. You may contact me and send photos to jemplf69@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Jem

#2 · (Edited)
Jem,

You have to say which car it's going in. A MK1 has the fuel injection on the left side but a MK2 is on the right side. The Throttle body and fuel distributor are about the only parts that are the same.

It would also be almost impossible to find K-Jetronic parts for it. It would be less impossible to find CIS-E (KE-Jetronic) parts. The hardest parts to find for the MK1 version are the fuel injector lines and those are different for left or right, CIS or CIS-E. So, there are 4 different versions of each fuel injector line.

If you don't mind used and you are building a MK1, you can find used Scirocco 16V fuel injection parts on eBay from the USA. They are going to be CIS-E though.

If you are building a MK2, you can find used CIS-E parts for the GTI on eBay, also from the USA.

It's easier to find parts when you have part numbers.

PL is CIS-E and KR might be CIS.

Scirocco (notice the 2 kinds of each fuel pipe):

Here is the intake parts diagram:

GTI:

Good luck.

-Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.