VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the one part I do have is the head.... long story short it is now 1.8l 16v head polished ports, 3 angle valve grind, and decked .048. On a stock block it would yeild insane CR but I am wondering about a g60 or aba block and stock pistons.... I know that the g60 block and a stock 16v head would make for low cr... would this head correct that? any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
any 16v head would be very low c/r on an aba block... search some threads on aba/16v.. IMHO a 2.0 16v block with 2 stacked headgaskets would be a better choice..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16v g60/aba questions (alltypesvw)

I had searched the topic quite a bit, but none of the threads I found discussed decking to increase cr, since the head would yeild like 15:1 on a stock 16v 1.8 block I was wondering if it would make a more normal cr on the blocks that would make lower cr. why or why not? any body know what cr that would make? the head is cut almost to the valve seats.

thanks
thom

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: 16v g60/aba questions (alltypesvw)

It might correct it, but 16v head on a PG yields about ~6:1 comp.
1mm shaving isn't gonna make up that difference I don't think.
Try this website for comp calc

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah the cc's of a 16v lower the already low pg block so low that it would hardly run. the aba block with the 16v head has been done in a friend of mines car and is turbo charged with a sds system. results are very good on this motor even through the severe beatings at the track which the car has endured. all stock internals head is stock, block is stock aside from the arp head studs. car runs 12's all day long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts