VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was cleaning up my basement and stumbled on a box marked, "AEB Valvetrain"
Inside was all the lifters, valves, retainers, seats and springs for an AEB head.
Let me cut to the chase.
Will AEB springs work in a PL head...if so, would they be considered, "HD"...
Will AEB Lifters work in a PL Head...if so, would they be considered "lightweight" (think AEG 2.0L 8v)
Assuming yes to all the questions, should I just slam the AEB springs, seats, retainers, and lifters into a PL head and call it a day?
TIA

· Registered
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16v head components vs 20v head components...few ?'s (ValveCoverGasket)

with my most rigerous test ..available to me at home, at 11:30pm, I just pushed on a set of stock ABA valves and stock AEB valves, and the AEB's seemed to give a lot more resistance, going to test out their strength in a lab tomorrow, see what it takes to bind a set

· Registered
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 16v head components vs 20v head components...few ?'s (Mr Black)

...hence my post....
also, FWIW...I checked the diameter against ABA springs, and they are the exact same diameter, and I know ABA lifters work in a 16v head, which leads me to believe the springs would work, which tells me the AEB springs would FIT in a 16v head...

Modified by Pagano at 11:42 PM 9-11-2005

· Registered
34,600 Posts
Re: 16v head components vs 20v head components...few ?'s (Pagano)

Pretty sure the exhuast side of the 20v and 16v's are the same (as the ABA as well). Intake side of the 20v uses a single, light spring and much smaller lifter. Pretty sure the exhaust lifters on a 20v are the same as 16v, not the light ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.