VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new or used....any for sale?
any tips on which to buy?
any tips on which is good or bad, and why....
power figures would be cool too
thanks

[Modified by veedubs03, 12:23 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: 16v headers....which one? (veedubs03)

buy the eurosport header, and spend the extra 50 dollars to get it ceramic coated,
i bought mine last summer and it still looks rust free and sound bad ass

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

ive got a autotech 16v header for a2's for sale. i'll sell it cheap just to get it out of my garage, perfect cond. email me for pics and more info. later.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Re: 16v headers....which one? (oversteervw)

im using a supersprint. nice tight fit. good gains. i havn't used any other headers to compare it to though.

as you can see it pushs the cat back a little ways so you are going to have to do some cutting to make it fit.

makes a nice rumble
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

iman16vw sold me his used brospeed header. it is sweeeeeeeeet. i put it on this friday. it gave me some gains mid range and up top. i hope to get it dynoed this week sometime. even if i bought one new, it would be worth it in my opinion.
my car pulls/revs so fast now, its almost like the tach cant keep up

[Modified by RavenGTi, 6:39 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 16v headers....which one? (vw problems)

awesome. thanks guys. i would like to see a dyno before and after but that will probably not happen. any one know of a used header for sale?
edit-how hard to install? need to take out intake manifold?

[Modified by veedubs03, 11:03 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
268 Posts

I have a pacesetter header, 180 bucks and no complaints. Has a flex flange too.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I would buy the Brospeed header. I have a supersprint and it is not that good. Bellevue MotorSport, BMS prototyped a header off of my Scirocco and it worked considerably better. They are not in business anymore though. My friend did the last prototype US fitment for Brospeed and his car made really good gains across the board. I would buy their whole system, it worked the best when they did the testing.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Re: 16v headers....which one? (Jai Prasad)

sounds like brospeed's one of the better ways to go then for headers...right?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Re: 16v headers....which one? (Oreganoflow)

quote:[HR][/HR]Any header that keeps the cat is pointless. It may look nice but its defeating the purpose. [HR][/HR]​
how do you figure? headers wern't really designed to flow more, they were designed to change the flow charactoristics, to smooth out the engine and make all cylinders run the same.. adding any thing down stream of the header isn't going to make a diffrence in the way the header performs.. it may change to over all flow rate of the exhaust, but the header will still do its job.
Also exhaust systems are tuned to work at peak effeciency with a cat in place, engines need a small ammount of back pressure, with out this they run rough and lose torque. If any one can show me that a basic aftermarket exhaust system will show large gains of HP and torque over the entire band with out the cat I will change my additude.. untill then, removing the cat is a illegal waist of time.. High flow cats are the way to go IMHO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: 16v headers....which one? (Oreganoflow)

Actually when you need to reduce unburned HC, NOx and Co a properly design cat works very well with a header. The BMS header that was prototyped on my Scirocco had a cat and made more Hp. and torque than a Supersprint header. So to say "Any header that keeps the cat is pointless. It may look nice but its defeating the purpose. " is not quite accurate. It would really depend on the application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts