VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be getting a rabbit gti along with a 1.8 16v motor, that supposedly includes everything needed to install it in the rabbit. first question, exactly what all will i need to do this swap?
next, i will be using the stock 8v tranny, is this a good combination? i don't have a 16v tranny and can't afford one anytime soon. is it a direct bolt up? will i need to change flywheel/starter/clutch?
is this a very involved swap? or is it plug & play for the most part. i can handle switching out a wiring harness if need be. would i need an entire 16v harness from headlight to taillight, or just part of it?
i don't know yet if the engine is out of a rocco of an A2, will an A2 16v fit? i know the intake is on the opposite side.
if it turns out to be more than i can handle at the moment (stupid time-limiting school!) and i can get the 8v in it to run well i may just sell the 16v motor, how much can i expect to get for it?
thanks for your input and advice
_______

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16v in an 84 gti questions... (83caddy16v)

it won't be my sole means of transportation, i have an 88 golf daily driver. eventually i want to drive the rabbit daily and take my golf off the road for awhile to do some serious body work on it. does anyone know of a site that gives a step by step guide for the 16v swap? how much can i expect to get for the 16v motor if i sell it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts