VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have to take off intake, do I?
As for actually pulling them out, do I pry on the big piece that actually fills the hole, or the smaller one? I don't see how I can pry them out without either pulling on the line, or taking the intake off..
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 16v Injectors - How do I get to them / get them out? (optikNurve)

Ok I got them off, and got the seals off.. How do I get the new ones back on over the bottom of the injector?

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,279 Posts
Re: 16v Injectors - How do I get to them / get them out? (optikNurve)

Well, what was your trick for removing them anyway?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: 16v Injectors - How do I get to them / get them out? (3WheelGTi)

you need an injecter puller if you cant GENTLY pull them out. I've heard of people making them out of a coat hanger or something, but i dont know much bout that.
To get the o-rings off, I just snip-snip with scisors or a knife. to get the new ones on, soak them in gasoline for a few minutes. the gas softens them up and makes them pliable so you can slide them on easier. Dont worry if they're all stretched out once you get them on, the elastic memory of the material will pull them back to shape.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 16v Injectors - How do I get to them / get them out? (3WheelGTi)

They just came out with minimal force.. Now I'm ready to put them back in, and it doesn't seem to want to go all the way in.. How hard am I supposed to push? Or will the clip thing push it the rest of the way in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts