VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I are going to pick up a pair of 16V motors (one is a 1.8 the other is a 2.0) within the next week.... now I need to know how to wire the motronic or the CIS-E setup into a 84 8v rocco with regular CIS... info or diagrams would be much appreciated!
reply, IM, or email me with any help u may have.
[email protected]
Thanks in advance!

Modified by Scirocco_Clan_Man at 5:03 AM 2-6-2004

·
Registered
854 Posts
wire in the knock sensor box and use the stock 8v injection. i heard of a few mugs doing that and using 8v injection. if you ever run out of fuel there are a few parts from other cars that use cis stuff that flow more. plus do a few small tricks. colin from techtonics is the cis guru

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: (Scirocco_Clan_Man)

Quote, originally posted by Scirocco_Clan_Man »
so the "switched 12V from your ignition" is just the same as say the ignition power for a car stereo? Basically its a wires thats dead until u turn the key correct?
Sorry for being dumb lol

Yes. Switched 12Vs means that once you turn the key to the on position the wire or whatever is activated. Now on my Rabbit GTI's fuse box there is place for relays that used to exist but have dissapeared over the past 20 years.
All you do is get a voltmeter and check which one is activated when you turn the key. I found one were the old seatbelt buzzer relay used to be. I just put a male connector with a wire to the ECU. I also added a 3amp fuse inline to be save. I picked the 3amp inline because it was what I had lieing around.
Good luck
Jason

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Re: (vdubspeed)

Quote, originally posted by vdubspeed »

Yes. Switched 12Vs means that once you turn the key to the on position the wire or whatever is activated. Now on my Rabbit GTI's fuse box there is place for relays that used to exist but have dissapeared over the past 20 years.
All you do is get a voltmeter and check which one is activated when you turn the key. I found one were the old seatbelt buzzer relay used to be. I just put a male connector with a wire to the ECU. I also added a 3amp fuse inline to be save. I picked the 3amp inline because it was what I had lieing around.
Good luck
Jason

super ancient bump
the bentley for the scirocco 16v shows a wire coming from the positive starter solenoid wire to the ECU which i am assuming gets power to the ECU while the car is cranking since the ignition switch is three positions. i remember this because i did a digifant I swap into my 16v rocco, but now I am swapping a 16v scirocco harness into a '79 scirocco. do i not need this? i am already aware of the black wire deal.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: (rocco2nr)

I know this is an old thread, but need help with somehting..
"FOR THE RECORD... YOU ONLY HAVE TO GIVE A SWITCHED 12V TO ONE BLACK WIRE Nothing else matters to get that 16V running. Make sure all your grounds are connected and the ECU only requires a switched 12V to run the motor. I will fight this statement to the grave."
So use the 8v ECU & 8v wiring harness? Or is it 8v ECU and the 16v wiring harness?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.