VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
44,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...i have a 9a 16v...need to run megasquirt, and use coil packs. i have the block off for the dist. hole. there is now crank trigger in the block......
how will i get a crank signal for the ms? any ideas? oh and i want it hidden and super clean.
i know 034 has a "crank pulley wheel" setup up but its functional but ugly(sorry) for a show car....
help!
thanks! josh

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
your going to need to trigger off the crank, or cams somehow.
maybe you can get a custom crank pully machined with a trigger wheel section on the inside edge. then mount the magnetic sensor under/behind where its hard to see

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Re: 16v +MS +coilpack....but no crank trigger?! (need_a_VR6)

I was thinking about using an optical cam sensor(nissan) and disk inside the the block off plate of the distributer, you can get them in a very small size and then to hide the wires you could drill through the flange and have just three small wires to hide
or something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
I am unsure of the physical size of this but it looks like it could be modified to replace the 16v dizzy

Modified by toplessvw at 10:44 AM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
44,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 16v +MS +coilpack....but no crank trigger?! (evil-e)

yes i know, as stated above...but its ugly. yes i know looks aren't everything...but oh...wait yes they are on a full out show car
does a 20v have and cm sneser setup that would work or no?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Re: 16v +MS +coilpack....but no crank trigger?! (nothing-leaves-stock)

the crank wheel is inside the engine on the Crank, if you where using an aba bottom end you would already have it, I think the only way to hide it would be inside the distributer block off plate.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts

The op seems t say you've got a crank sensor. If I were you, I'd just go ahead and use that. It's a 60-2 wheel.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: (chrisbmx68)

you could try to get a hold of this crank position sensor its a European part number should be 60-2 wheel
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Modified by nigel at 1:07 AM 10-31-2007

·
Registered
13,492 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nigel »
you could try to get a hold of this crank position sensor its a European part number should be 60-2 wheel

And there you have it folks...secret #4 of 7
Damn vortex is getting good these days.
PART # : 036 105 189 C...Its available for ~$88US or so.The only thing that sucks about it is that it is press fitted to the flywheel hub on the crank.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Re: (nigel)

Quote, originally posted by nigel »

Modified by nigel at 1:07 AM 10-31-2007

That's sick http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I think this is it buy me one while your over there too josh lol jk unless they arnt really expensive
its either the pn in the picture or this one 036 105 189 c

Modified by chrisbmx68 at 9:13 AM 10-31-2007

·
Registered
564 Posts
Re: 16v +MS +coilpack....but no crank trigger?! (Wizard-of-OD)

Quote, originally posted by Wizard-of-OD »

PART # : 036 105 189 C...Its available for ~$88US or so.The only thing that sucks about it is that it is press fitted to the flywheel hub on the crank.

OK do you have any idea how hard or easy it would be to press fit it?

1 - 20 of 230 Posts