VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have searched and didnt find anything. and i didnt get much help in swap or scirocco forums
Its an 88 rocco, engine bay started on fire P.O. changed everything to 82 rocco, front to rear wiring engine and all. Now im changing the engine wiring back to a 16v.
I have changed ICU, knock sensor control, comp, coil, tested everything im getting power everywhere and have all the grounds still NO SPARK
give me some ideas i want to get it going again

[Modified by 80vwpickup, 4:42 PM 4-22-2003]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16v swap NEED HELP (80vwpickup)

well i decided it was time for another bump and
I can jump the fuel pump relay and it wont go on ,if thats any help
is there something that im unaware of that i have to wire to the fuse box or something come on

·
Registered
943 Posts

Hall sender...Test....From Bentley
push back the rubber boot on the back of the connector. Connect an LED test light between the center terminal and one of the other terminals. Actuate the starter the LED should flicker.
The OXS control unit controls the F/P relay as a ground to the relay

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

That's what I was going to say. You have to power the solid black wire for a switched 12V. I'm sure you already figured it out though...
Good job,
Jason

·
Registered
5,743 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]yeah i figured it out I didnt have power to ecu, I tapped into the wire from TB to ecu, and now it works, thanks though[HR][/HR]​
We were alll waiting for you to figure it out for yourself. Tough love! but I can guarantee you we all knew what was wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.