VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already searched and could not find a definite answer.
I will be swapping a 2.0 16V from a passat to an A1, haven't decided if into the GTI or Cabby. I already got the Scirocco 16V intake manifold, so the fuel distributor will be on the driver's side. I am about to get the Scirocco exhaust manifold and downpipe, so that is taken care of.
From what I understand, I am not positive on this, the injectors on the scirocco 16V and GTI. Which leads to the question that started the topic, do I need to change fuel lines? Can I use the lines on the car right now or do i need to swap them for Scirocco 16V fuel lines?
I plan on using the VWMS fuel distributor, do I still need to use a 16V scirocco wiring harness? or could I just do with the current harness in the car since the O2 sensor and related electronics are not needed when using the VWMS fuel dizzy?
Are the Scirocco 16V and golf\Jetta 16V wiring harnesses interchangeable?
Sorry about the long post, but i am trying to o btain and sort all needed parts to accomplish this swap as smooth as possible once the weather turns wayyyy warmer than it is right now.
TIA

·
Registered
854 Posts
use the scirocco upper intake manifold, the scirocco 16v fuel lines from the fuel distributor to the injectors. heres something of interest. youre going to be using a warmup regulator with that set up correct? funny thing is, vw was gracious enough to mount them on the side of the heads over the pond. if you look on the drivers side of the head, there are two bolt holes just hangin out there chillin. those holes are the same thread pitch and distance apart to bolt the reg. there. yay volkswagen! the other thing you got to use is the knock sensor ignition from the scirocco 16v. there are wiring diagrams floating around on here somewhere, or you could call up Techtonics and have them send you a copy, i think the diagram is on their web site if i'm not mistaken. i did the same swap in a 84 gti, turned out great. i used the euro injection does away with the O2 sensor and related stuff. i used the coolant temp, thermo time switch, and idle speed valve from the rabbit motor. scirocco fuel lines from the fuel dizzy to the injectors, and knock box. tossed in a Techtonics 16v header and set of cams, set timing to 9* instead of 6*, lightened the car up some, took it to the track and ran [email protected] consistantly. for the little bit of money i threw down, i can't complain at all. love to drive my gti even more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: 16V swap: What fuel lines to use? and some other misc. questions (Rabbitgti1984)

When I did my 16v caddy I cut the original feul lines where they run up the pass side of the firewall then i used high pressure rubber hose and screw type hose clamps to clamp it from the steal lines to the lines that come out of the feul dizzy. Didnt want to spend the $$$ on a rocco intake. Just make sure to keep the lines away from the exhaust and the t-belt, or else u make fire like i did. As for the airbox i used the eurosport intake and did a little bending to make it fit. If u do it this way yer also going to have to make a custom intake hose, i used my old exhaust resinator and a flexible intake boot to make the bend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.