VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently did a 16V swap into my 85 Cabby and I can't seem to match up the upper and lower radiator hoses. I am using the stock Cabby radiator.
Are there special hoses I need or can I use something that came stock on either the Scirocco or the cabby?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: 16V swap: What radiator hoses do you use? (chrldrcar)

hmmm...i would suggest using the scirocco hoses..but i don't really know..i used the scirocco 16V rad as well for my swap...what is wrong with your hoses? are they not long enought?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16V swap: What radiator hoses do you use? (mk1gti girl)

The top hose from the scirocco dosn't even come close to lining up because it connects on the outside of the radiator and mine is on the back, if that makes any sense

The bottom one I think I can make work. Maybe I should just look for a rocco radiator to finish it up.
Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

why cant you use the GTI/Scirocco radiator? I used the rad of a 88 GTI 16v, and it's hoses.. work perfectly..
thats mine!! I cant stop showing it off!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 16V swap: What radiator hoses do you use? (Big CADDY)

quote:[HR][/HR]Scirocco top hose. $$$$$$[HR][/HR]​
I have that hose already. It is lke brand new too. I want to use it because it would work so nice and it looks stock and clean. It looks like I need to source a Scirocco radiator. Does a A2 GTI radiator enter on the side or the back?
peace

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

i used the upper hose from an 8v a2 gti and cut the bends off for my rabbit
the guy at the parts store told me thats what his freind did in a mk1 rocco 16v swap so some times they do know what they are talking about at the autoparts store now i just need to find out how to hook the hoses from the side of the head up cause my car will have no heat

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: 16V swap: What radiator hoses do you use? (Weaver)

On all the a1-16v swaps I've done,I used a late cabby a/c radiator. If you position it right,the upper outlet of the rad will be about even with the water outlet on the front of the motor. You can usually find a hose that will work at the parts store-I think last time it was a lower hose for a V8 Jeep CJ 6,cut in half,so that what you have left is a section about 11-12" long with about a 15 degree bend in the middle.
The lower hose is easy,just use the 16v rocco piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.