VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (skillton)

Quote, originally posted by skillton »
If you want real power go standalone or digi1

Digi1 just f*cks things up.
So does stock management.
Go standalone or dont go at all.

· Registered
6,072 Posts
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (pocketrocket84gti)

Quote, originally posted by pocketrocket84gti »

Digi1 just f*cks things up.
So does stock management.
Go standalone or dont go at all.

Amen...
While digi1 is a cool system...but its a "hit it or miss it" type of thing. If you aleady have a digi1 car...ok...give it a try. But if u gonna do wriging and stuff into a diff car...might as well go stand alone.

· Banned
6,058 Posts
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (GoKart_16v)

Quote, originally posted by GoKart_16v »
Amen...
While digi1 is a cool system...but its a "hit it or miss it" type of thing. If you aleady have a digi1 car...ok...give it a try. But if u gonna do wriging and stuff into a diff car...might as well go stand alone.

It's still a better option for boost than any other VW stock management IMO, but either way standalone is the best

· Registered
6,072 Posts
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (antithesis)

Quote, originally posted by antithesis »
I'm still considering the whole turbo idea with my 16v.. I dunno if it's goin to be worth it, roughly how much hp would I be able to get anyways???

300+hp is very possible...

· Banned
6,058 Posts

I'm still considering the whole turbo idea with my 16v.. I dunno if it's goin to be worth it, roughly how much hp would I be able to get anyways???

I want 350-400whp out of my setup, but lots of $$$$$ has gone into it

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (skillton)

is it possible that 300+ hp can be achieved with cis-e???
at the moment, I have cams, euro intake, garret 16V chip, 2 1/2" exhaust pipe with high flow cat
TT headers SOON!!!!.. I hope....

so running a turbo with the set up I have now.. good idea??

· Registered
6,072 Posts

is it possible that 300+ hp can be achieved with cis-e???

Maybe for a few minute before it blows. Its not the best system to tune altho it may be possible. However, check the CIS+megasquirt setup in the 16v forum http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Or run stand alone.
Forget the TT headers....you won't need it with a turbo.

· Registered
3,230 Posts

If you REALLY want to keep the CIS-E, you could always look into Split Second's additional fuel injector controller to give you a nice A/F under boost and then if you need to retard the timing a little more than the stock management is giving you, you could look into MSD's boost retard controller... but by then you've spent more than you would have on MegaSquirt 'n' Spark. So.... your call.

· Registered
9,809 Posts
Re: 16V turbo set up HELP PLEASE (slappynuts)

Quote, originally posted by slappynuts »
To make 300whp you would be best off to get another job handing burgers out the window and drop the car off at a qualified shop to install the standalone.

X2

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.