VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Re: 16V turbo, what intercooler? (87'moneypit)

how much power are you looking for? you can make one with Saab cores, go with a porsche 944 unit or buy an aftermarket unit. I got some for sale in my sig but you can also make your own from 2 saab cores if you weld aluminum, should be fine up to 350hp or so. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Paul

· Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16V turbo, what intercooler? (BoostFactory)

thanks paul,
I am looking for some dimensions of what will actually fit? Im actually going to be running a 1.8t in there from a 02 GTI. any more info would be great. thanks

· Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 16V turbo, what intercooler? (NJRrado)

Quote, originally posted by NJRrado »
im running an XSpower core you can find all over ebay. its bar and plate, has 2.5" in/out. IIRC the core size is 17"X7.5"X3" it cost like $179

thanks for the reply, where do you have it mounted, near the bottom of the car, or behind the grill? Are you running big bumpers? thanks

· Banned
1,524 Posts

Ive used the Precision 350hp IC's before on a few customers cars. They fit beautifully behind the radiator support w/ the a/c removed on a Scirocco and Im sure theyll fit great in the same location on a mk2 or in the bumper location if you have big bumpers.

Contact Paul (BoostFactory) for some good deals on these units.

· Registered
2,739 Posts

i have a corrado, so im not sure if my setup will be of much help to you. either way, the cooler is behind the bumper, here's a pic:

-drew
edit: now that i look at that pic, i think that ic is 3.5" thick btw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.