VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is an 89 and has cis-e and I've noticed that most 16vT people run either Digi or Motronic. Is their any way to run a turbo with cis-e or should I switch everything out to either of the other two systems, OR if I'm gonna do all that and am doing a turbo should I go with stand alone at the same time
?? You guys have either done or have this so any opinions would help me decide what I want to do. I am looking to get over 220whp and still be able to drive it on the street.
Garth

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: 16vT- Owners- Which injection?????? (g60vw)

go w/ digi 1 at a bare minimum. Recent results w/ digi1 is looking really good. 220 is doable for sure. But for cis-e to get u to 220, u will have piggy backs or crude pressure switches.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

i have 3 turbo cars all callaway setups, 81 scirocco-s cis +microfueller, 87 GTI callaway cis-e+microfueller, and 87 oettinger16v scirocco, callaway -was Euro cis, now Electromotive tech2 The cis cars run fine no worries

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 16vT- Owners- Which injection?????? (ZeeuwVW)

Were the pistons you melted stock cast ones or big $$$ Forged ones?? I am gonna go with stand alone for the tunability and I can get it for less than Jobber from the guy with the dyno up here and he will help me tune it.
Next- People on here running stand alone- did you use the factory throttle body and int. man.(Rocco 16v? 50mm??) and like a Ross fuel rail or what about ITBs (besides cost
). I don't really want to make the most power in the world, i mean some guys are talkin' 400whp
, but I want to make the most reliable power. I think about 250whp on the street and like around 300 for track days. I DO NOT want to run only 15 psi and have my stuff melt. Who has used what as far as piston brand/ factory rods or not/ factory crank and had success? I know that this going to be expensive to do right and that is OK. I'd rather wait a year and assemble all the best pieces so that it's an "easy"
conversion. Because of where I live there are no other cars to check out to see how they did their setups and the dyno guy has done only Japanese cars in the past but is into helping me do it. Gimme the Info!!

Garth

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

Unfortunatley, the pistons I melted were $500 Venolia forged with total seal rings. However, I don't think piston choice would have had much to do with the situation. I was ignorant to what detonation sounded like, I didn't know how to accuratly read my guages, and my machine shop somehow had convinced me to delete my oil squirters. If I had had enough feul, 15psi would have been no problem at all. Digifant can not be blamed for my misfortune. I now have some 42# injectors that should enable me to run much higher boost and make great power just as soon as sns irons out the bugs in their chip for those injectors. I would only say that stand-alone would be a better choice because I don't have patients for the trial and error technique employed by sns at this point. I think it's really hard to make a perfect chip for a car with many variables to account for that's located hundreds of miles away. I must say, they do a great job tackling this task. However, at this point I certainly can't afford a new feul system so I'll stick with digi and work with SNS to make the chip work as good as posible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.