VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my 16vT up and running again, with the new block, SNS chip, lime top injectors (42) and bbm fuel rail..

but this time, i cant seem to find any power at all. i almost got creamed merging onto the freeway today

it sputters when i give it the tiniest bit of gas when cruising, and it just leaks boost when boost is supplied....
i thought it was the middle intake manifold gasket, because i had re-used it, but it seems that it isnt now. same problems.
i put the lower belt cover on today, and lined up all of my timing marks before firing up ( crank dampner, cam gear )
it doesnt idle with the distributor clocked in the middle, it has to be advanced (turned clockwise) all the way for it to idle smoothly
anyone got any suggestions?

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 16vT sputtering and lack of power :( HELP plzzz (skillton)

Quote, originally posted by skillton »
sounds like you have a boost leak and you're just getting way too much fuel cause of it. Just look for a leak I guess...

my boost gauge is connected to my intake manifold, so if there was a leak, it'd be on the manifold...
but before it ran fine, and i never took the lower piece off...

· Registered
893 Posts
Re: 16vT sputtering and lack of power :( HELP plzzz (ValveCoverGasket)

Did you have the cams out? I've had the internal cam timing out by one tooth and it would only run with lots of ignition advance and had a definate lack of power.

· Registered
824 Posts
Re: 16vT sputtering and lack of power :( HELP plzzz (89_16v)

Mazbe your fuel dizzy or DPR? I had a problem with bad sputtering, hesitation, misfiring and severe lack of power. Replaced the complete fuel distributor assembly, dizzy, DPR, injectors, plate, etc. (Everything that sits on top of the air filter including the injectors.) Seems to run ok now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.