VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after seeing pics, i love the look of 16x9's on a2's. the problem is ive seen posts about problems with running them.
so my question is what is needed to be done to run 16x9's all around with h&r race springs (1.5 drop)???

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (A2 16v Gli)

first of all. i dont think 1.5in of drop is enough to complete that look, if youre gonna drop that much dough on a set of wheels get some coilovers so you can adjust youre ride height to get it perfect. second you will have to do quite a bit of body work to get them to fit properly. zachvr6 has 16x9s et15 all around with plus suspension and when i say his fenders are cut let me tell you they are gone. if you dont have flares i doubt you could pull it off. basically the whole part that comes down on the outside of the fender has to go away. that should be about it. good luck its a rulin look.
edit: i cannot spell

[Modified by Vr6dubs, 9:39 PM 12-2-2002]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (OZ jetta)

I've got'em on mine and there is one stupid rivet on each side of the back flares that the wheels barely touch. There was a lot of arch cutting involved. It looks cool but takes away from some of the functionality. On the up side I have a good reason not to drive my friends everywhere now.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (86ED8V)

Ive seen your car a couple times in person...very nice. In a few weeks I should have my 16x9 B1's and after that I think you and me will be the only A2's in the PNW to be rocking BROCKS.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (blownmk2vr6)

We probably will be the only ones in the northwest. Apparently EVERYONE has them in europe right now. I've got a couple of other plans for my car up my sleeve before too long. Good luck with fitting your wheels, I'm sure they'll look sweet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (86ED8V)

For those of you who do have 16x9's and have cut your arches away covering them up with flares. The flare doesnt sit any higher after you cut the arch away does it? Let me know

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (blownmk2vr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ive seen your car a couple times in person...very nice. In a few weeks I should have my 16x9 B1's and after that I think you and me will be the only A2's in the PNW to be rocking BROCKS.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
get the car running right first
i wanted those wheels...well now they're out of the picture for me....maybe i'll go with my dream and get Azev type A's in 16x8 or 9 (whichever they are) or 16x9 CR7's http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (vdubinvasion)

quote:[HR][/HR]For those of you who do have 16x9's and have cut your arches away covering them up with flares. The flare doesnt sit any higher after you cut the arch away does it? Let me know[HR][/HR]​
That depends on how and where you cut your arches. I left a little tab so I had a place left to rivet them on. If you don't do this you can risk using double sided tape or something similar.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Re: 16x9 questions (VEE-DUBBER)

Ive seen your car a couple times in prison...very nice. In a few weeks I should have my 13 inch daytons and after that I think you and me will be the only A2's in the PNW to be reading lowrider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts