VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are so many good deals out right now... so i'm trying to decide b/t going over to london in march (and possibly hawaii in feb.) or should i be throwing down for some wheels?
i would love to get some opinions!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Re: 18" wheels or london & hawaii??? (bigelliot)

quote:[HR][/HR]travel. "things" are overrated. experiences are what counts.[HR][/HR]​
I was going to say go with the wheels, but bigelliot's statement is hard to argue with.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Re: 18" wheels or london & hawaii??? (A4 C)

Buy the 18"s... sell your stockies to offset the cost... use leftover money for one of the two trips!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Re: 18" wheels or london & hawaii??? (A4 C)

Go for the trips...
Good vacation memories last for a life time... 18" wheel only gives you the thrill for a week or so

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: 18" wheels or london & hawaii??? (1Point8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]Go for the trips...
Good vacation memories last for a life time... 18" wheel only gives you the thrill for a week or so
[HR][/HR]​
I say the opposite. The vacation will only last a few weeks, the wheels will last a while, unless you live in the pothole capital of the world.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 18" wheels or london & hawaii??? (KonigGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Go for the trips...
I say the opposite. The vacation will only last a few weeks, the wheels will last a while, unless you live in the pothole capital of the world.[HR][/HR]​
tru that... i could be cruising thru georgetown and have a manhole blow up! or go thru shady parts of DC w/ crappy potholes. hehe. my friend just got a chunk scraped out of her BBSs on her way up to philly.
for real, it's a tough debate. i've been to london and hawaii before. but i want to go do the non-tourist things in london and i also want to go to honolulu. actually, hawaii "could" be free of cost since i'd be staying at my friend's condo and i do have enough miles to get me there for free. my expenses would be going and dining. as for london, i can get a 4-day package for under $600 and it incl. airfare, hotel, and airport-hotel transportation. but then... the vortex group buy on those wheels look really good too!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts