VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a good idea of what my current tire would look like on a 18x8.5 rim? I am thinking it might look too stretched
is this correct? Would it give you a feeling like you might have to lower the car to get rid of some more gap? Please any help or pics to help get a good idea of what to go with... Thank you!

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: 18x8.5?? (Krafty.:R)

I'm running 18x8.5 with 225/40s. Here are a couple of pics...not the best of angles but I hope it helps.

sorry not an R!

· Premium Member
32,052 Posts
Re: 18x8.5?? (gotpsi)

That is exactly how my 18x8.5" IWC quicksilvers looked with the Kumho 712's on them. However, I think the 712 is slightly narrower, or not as full as many other 225 tires. I have seen other 18x8.5" wheels with different tires that don't look as stretched. Some people like the stretched look, though.
Love the Twist wheels. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
- Anthony

· Registered
48 Posts
Re: 18x8.5?? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
That is exactly how my 18x8.5" IWC quicksilvers looked with the Kumho 712's on them. However, I think the 712 is slightly narrower, or not as full as many other 225 tires. I have seen other 18x8.5" wheels with different tires that don't look as stretched. Some people like the stretched look, though.
Love the Twist wheels. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
- Anthony

hey, got any pics of the IWCs?
would love to see them

· Registered
9 Posts

I would avoid 8.5's if you're going to run 225 tires. I had 225/40/18 on a set of Breyton Vision wheels and it was too much of a stretch. It looked horrible. In addition, there was not enough rubber to fully protect the bottom of the rim, so the rim was prone to road rash.

· Registered
2,033 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gotpsi »
I'm running 18x8.5 with 225/40s. Here are a couple of pics...not the best of angles but I hope it helps.

sorry not an R!

I'm running that same rim with same size tire for the winter. 18 inch blizzaks! where did you get those vw center caps. Are those the same ones that come on aristos?

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: 18x8.5?? (syrus5o)

I would love to tell you where the centercaps came from but I honestly don't know.
I bought these from a fellow vortexer and the centercaps came witht the wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.