VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Hungarian review of the new Golf, they said it's more plasticky than the MKIV was so it will probably be a disappointment to most of us. At any rate, here is a link to the pics. Click the pictures for a larger version in a new window. Let's see how long the server will last

http://www.gregtakacs.com/MKV_Golf/

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (GTakacs)

Wow, I must say, that car looks very good in person. It's interesting to see how clean the underside is. It also looks like they're using dimpled panels on the underside to reduce air resistance, as seen in a Lexus commercial now playing in the US.

·
Registered
242 Posts

We don't need no stinking regulators!
Manual windows! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
585 Posts

Good find. I'll have to go through when I get home and download every single one.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (wolfier)

Quote, originally posted by wolfier »
Visor mirror light is gone?

Probably just on the base model. This is the 1.4L "stripper" model--notice how it's only got power windows in the front.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (jddaigle)

Quote, originally posted by jddaigle »
Wow, I must say, that car looks very good in person. It's interesting to see how clean the underside is. It also looks like they're using dimpled panels on the underside to reduce air resistance, as seen in a Lexus commercial now playing in the US.

Yeah, the belly pans are a nice touch, but are the dimples for wind resistance, or for blocking road noise?
To really impress their audience, the Lexus commercial should be modified to end with "just like the new VW Golf."

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Did anyone notice the donut spare? I hope that doesn't come to NA...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I noticed a few more things:
1. The parcel tray strings don't conceal themselves when unhooked as in the MKIV
2. The car has ASR, but not ESP
3. That parcel tray net rocks
4. The passenger airbag has a switch as opposed to being an automatic weight sensor like in running change Beetle Convertibles
5. What the heck is this?

6. LOVE the storage compartments:

That's all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: (kornjd)

Quote, originally posted by kornjd »

Integrated cellphone, of course!
Well it may be funny to think they put the keypad in the ashtray, but that car is nor just equipped with a basic radio, so it could be its got telephonic capabilities...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

Can anyone else imagine people bumping into their mirror settings when trying to move the window?

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (GTiDan-FL)

No I can't.
lol, - actually to answer all your questions, go check out the car lounge - has a ton of answers to all your questions! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
624 Posts

What is this on the dashboard? A center speaker, or a dask mounted air vent?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (thalter)

Those are some nice pics, I'm really starting to like the new golf. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,482 Posts
Re: (kornjd)

I noticed a few more things:
4. The passenger airbag has a switch as opposed to being an automatic weight sensor like in running change Beetle Convertibles

Yes, in Europe all cars are allowed to have manual passenger airbag cut-off switches. In North America, only vehicles without rear seat can.

Looks like a keypad for an immobiliser.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Re: ~190 full detail pictures of the new Golf V 1.4 (thalter)

Quote, originally posted by thalter »
What is this on the dashboard? A center speaker, or a dask mounted air vent?

Based on the control there, I'd guess it's one of the indirect air vents. Like the Phaeton, MkVs with the semi-auto climate control use indirect "radiant" vents for HVAC unless the driver selects high-flow direct ventilation. Unlike the Phaeton, the MkV's direct vents don't get covered by wood trim when not in use

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,482 Posts
Re: (wolfier)

Quote, originally posted by wolfier »

Garage door opener?

I have never seen a 10-digit garage door opener before.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts