VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG shot is the main feature of this movie.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Going to see it this weekend with the Mrs.

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts
Was finally able to see it last night - for some reason my local AMC with 30 screens had not previously showed it. Overall, thought it was a great war film. Direction was phenomenal - it was filmed to appear as though it was one long shot/take. Worth watching in theater with upgraded sound like AMC Dolby.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I watched yesterday. Wow. It was hands down the best movie I've seen all year :p.

But seriously it was one of the most enjoyable movies I've watched recently. After maybe 5 mins or something I was thinking to myself, huh I don't think I've noticed any cuts. It made the movie feel more involving somehow because of the fluidity. I dunno, I left the theater speechless. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Senior Sloth
2,690 Posts
Fantastic film and the long shots are amazing. Just a beautifully shot movie and the tension at times is incredible.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Fantastic film and the long shots are amazing. Just a beautifully shot movie and the tension at times is incredible.
Watched it last night with my son (we were literally, the only 2 people in the theater!!) and your comment sums it up perfectly. Really well shot movie, that was something that really stood out to me, just how well made it was.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
You've all mentioned the main points and qualities of this film. It was very well made and whatever technology they used for the long shots and long scenes didn't seem obvious and created a somewhat natural looking product.

·
Registered
16,327 Posts
saw 1917 in IMAX last weekend.

the cinematography was incredible. the single shot kept me on edge the whole time.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,492 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Just watched this the other day as well, loved the one shot direction, and it lends itself perfect to the plot of the movie. Easily one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts