VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a freebie birthday detail today .. I go to car shows with his mom & dad .. they have a 57 Merc Pickup.
Usually I don't do freebies but this kid is great .. just graded high school and is a real hard worker and loves his car.
It was painted a couple years ago but had some issues and his mom wanted to do it up for him .
Dads truck

We clayed the car then did the horizontal surfaces with Opt. Hyper Compound then the whole care with Opt. Polish / Compound 50/50 mix .
Followed it with Poliseal then #21.
Tires are dressed with Opt. Tire Gel .
Enjoy

· Registered
263 Posts
Re: 1969 Cuda (Mk4_GLi)

Great work on a Beautiful Car!
Jesstzn, since you seem to mix Optimum quite a bit, I was wondering what you thought of mixing OHC with SIP? I seem to get a better cut with SIP vs OHC, but the SIP breaks down/dusts very easily. I was hoping to get some additional working time out of the SIP.

· Registered
11,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 1969 Cuda (barrijm)

Quote, originally posted by barrijm »
Great work on a Beautiful Car!
Jesstzn, since you seem to mix Optimum quite a bit, I was wondering what you thought of mixing OHC with SIP? I seem to get a better cut with SIP vs OHC, but the SIP breaks down/dusts very easily. I was hoping to get some additional working time out of the SIP.

I haven't tried that but I might .. I have some IP that I stopped using because of the dusting .. and I have heard others have mixed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.