Just Going with the FLO.
2,164 Posts
the back 3/4 shot :heart:

enjoy the ride I'm jelli

Mud

·
Premium Member
18,248 Posts
The color is lovely. And damn, that roof. Holy welding and filling, Batman!

·
Registered
18,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Care to share the shipper? I know TCL always appreciates knowing which shippers are trustworthy.
Reliable. They transport a lot of Ford stuff. Ford used them to take our Mark II to Pebble Beach. They're expensive, but know what they're doing.

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
f) None of the above.

I am deficient when it comes to emotional levels above the norm. It makes my wife crazy.

I know pride is supposed to be a sin, but I feel pride. And there's always the satisfaction that comes with the culmination of the "hunt".

As I stated, I thought I was done collecting cars. I've entertained selling some, or all, as I find I don't use them much and don't foresee getting on an airplane anytime in the near future, so, without travel the hobby has lost its allure, for us. I've also found that the times were in don't make us feel very welcome in the hobby.
See, I would've been like an 8 year old girl getting a pony. :)

the back 3/4 shot :heart:
It's... beautiful. :eek:

The color is lovely. And damn, that roof. Holy welding and filling, Batman!
It really is Karmann or Reuter levels of fit-and-finish. It's outstanding.

My nephew and I took his Cabriolet Beetle (built by Karmann) down to bare metal and you could see where they welded new tops on the quarter panels, but only after wet sanding and allowing rust to form. No, we didn't leave it out anywhere, it rusted visibly in about 30 seconds! We finished up with a dry sand and treated it immediately after that!

This looks like it must be about that good, which definitely isn't cheap for mass manufacturing, hence why they dropped it in short order. C'est la vie. :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is stunning, I have never seen a naked top Continental of this generation. I am in love with the design and the color, well done and congratulations!

·
Registered
18,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The journey from '56 to '69 is wild. It's hard to believe how much they pulled it together after the '58-'60 model years.
Those were just Lincolns and shared no design DNA with the Mark II. They called the '58 Mark III a Continental, but it was just a model in the Lincoln line-up.

The closest interim step was the '61 Lincoln. Most don't know, but the '61 Lincoln started as a 2-door Thunderbird proposal. That car saved Lincoln. The '58-'60 nearly killed the division.

·
Registered
1997 BMW M3, 2020 Mazda CX-5, motorcycles
1,925 Posts
Those were just Lincolns and shared no design DNA with the Mark II. They called the '58 Mark III a Continental, but it was just a model in the Lincoln line-up.

The closest interim step was the '61 Lincoln. Most don't know, but the '61 Lincoln started as a 2-door Thunderbird proposal. That car saved Lincoln. The '58-'60 nearly killed the division.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you chronicled that fact in a post at one point in the past now that I think of it. Looking forward to seeing it on that garage tour during the next TCL zoom meet.

·
Registered
18,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I really like the humps on these. Reminds me of Cal Worthington or something.

A year newer, but obligatory...

Yes, the '70 and '71 Mark III had hidden wipers. The early '69s had no head restraints. They didn't become mandatory until the beginning of 1969 and production started in April of 1968, hence people wanting to call them 1968 1/2, but Ford gave them all a 9 in their serial number to denote 1969 model year.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Love the color (I also am not a fan of the vinyl top cars). Does it have the Power Trunk Assist?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
You mean a motorized trunk lid?
Yeah, wasn't that an option? Family member had one that did that, thought it was pretty slick back in the day (though their continental may have been a later model).

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
Takes your breath away. Worth it just to see everyday. Congrats

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
It’s beautiful. You should definitely feel that pride. It’s rare and unknown by most and so I hope it generates many interesting connections and discussions for you!! Enjoy every second in it !

21 - 37 of 37 Posts