VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 1970 VW Bug has been my daily driver for the past four years. Initially, I was commuting with this vehicle ~80 mi a day with no problems. After several years, the motor (1600cc) that came in the vehicle was replaced with a brand new, custom built motor (1915cc). Shortly after the new motor was installed, the main seal went out on the transmission that came in the car when I bought it. A new transmission was install (details below). Currently, the new motor has less then 3k mi. on it and the transmission has less then 1500 mi. on it. The car runs perfectly and is still my daily driver. It is not driven as far as it was (job change) but is driven 3-6 days a week.

I am actively looking to trade my 1970 VW Beetle for a 1974 (or older) VW Bus. I am not in a rush to get rid of my Beetle and will keep it if no reasonable trades are offered. My family is growing and no longer fits into my bug (which is why I want a bus). This is the only reason Im working to trade vehicles.

I have the paperwork for the transmission but cannot find the motor build documents. Both the transmission and motor were built by the same shop located in north county San Diego. Details available upon request.

Motor (1915cc):
  • Deluxe EMPI 40 HPMX carbs
  • Aluminum block
  • EMPI 1 1/2 Exhaust

Trans:
Pro/Street "Freeway Flier"
-Super Diff. heavy-duty side cover w welded 3rd & 4th
Ratio:
3.88 ring & pin
3.80 1st
2.08 2nd
1.31 3rd
0.89 4th

The vehicle has also had a larger master cylinder installed and front disk brakes. Can include verity of extra parts if trade requires.

I can provide additional details if seriously interested in trading.
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Car Land vehicle Cloud Wheel

Tire Car Wheel Sky Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Sky Car Wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Plant Steering part

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

1 - 1 of 1 Posts